JOB TITLE: Administrative Assistant
Reports to: VP of Real Estate/Construction
About the Company
We believe yoga is for everybody and it is our mission to help people lead healthier lives by helping people connect their minds and their bodies to center themselves and achieve a sense of calm. Our highly trained, passionate teachers and staff make yoga accessible to people of all ages and abilities in an inclusive and non-judgmental environment that is community-oriented. Our first studio opened 30 years ago and we are expanding, primarily through the acquisition of new studios. To help fund our growth, we completed an initial public offering and are the first yoga instruction to be publicly traded (NASDAQ: YOGA). We are a people-oriented business and offer students an amazing service year-round. Corporate and regional teams support our studio teams who both deliver our unique, authentic, high quality experience and drive the important sales and marketing efforts that build our local communities. Additional programming of workshops, teacher training and our online video subscription service, MyYogaWorks.com, round out our offering.
About the Role
The Administrative Assistant will assist the VP of Real Estate/Construction with administrative duties including management, processing and dispatching facilities help requests, assisting in facilities project coordination, as well as responding to maintenance and repair needs. Coordinator will also assist with Corporate office supply management.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support Real Estate/Construction team with daily email inbox and responding to questions/requests
- Prepare purchase orders, code and submit to vendor, initiator and AP. Obtain w9 and process invoices against POs to Acct Dpt.
- Manage and update spreadsheets in Excel and/or Google sheets
- Review weekly Staples orders, check supplies and place orders from Staples Google doc.
- Process invoices and Amex expense reports
- Corporate Maintenance & Admin Support
- General administrative support
- Assist with other tasks/projects as needed
- Manage Worksmith 3rd party facility company for work order requests for studios
- Review requests, interact with studio manager + WS team to help resolve issues
- Review costs with VP of facilities for approvals
Qualifications and Experience
- Administrative/data entry experience
- Experience working in Facilities/Construction a plus
- Experience working in excel
- Strong PC skills
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential material
- Strong interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills.
- Capable of articulating a message in a clear, concise and conversational manner.
- Prove to be a creative problem-solver. You have an uncanny ability to think outside-the-box, using the resources at hand to effortlessly complete projects at hand.
- Ability to communicate with various levels of management
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent decision-making, problem-solving/judgement skills, high level of attention to detail and accuracy and analytical skills.
- Highly energetic, positive and enthusiastic team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Self-starter with a high level of initiative and strong sense of ownership and urgency, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, often with changing priorities
- Must be customer focused and deliver a high level of customer service at all times
- Ability to stay calm and act respectfully and professionally
This position does not supervise direct reports.
This job primarily operates in an office environment but may involve work within the community and/or visiting studios. Not all locations have elevators or offer physically-disabled access. The role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Employee must be able to work hours that exceed eight hours per day and/or 40 hours per week including nights and weekends, especially during peak activity periods.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit or stand for up to four hours at a time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms.The employee is occasionally required to bend and carry files/products/boxes in order to organize as well as prepare for meetings and events. This job requires the person to climb up and down flights of stairs as elevators are not present at all locations. May be asked to occasionally lift a box of up to 10 pound or load a ream of paper into the copier which requires lifting and/or bending.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust and focus.
- Strong verbal skills (proficient in English)
- Must be able to effectively hear in person and via telephone.
YogaWorks provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, YogaWorks complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Note: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job as they may change at any time with or without notice.
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Experience working in payroll or HR a plus
1-2 years: Administrative/data entry experience