OUR STORY: Brooklyn Boulders (BKB) opened its doors in 2009. With facilities now nestled in the hearts of New York, Boston and Chicago and programs all over the country, BKB operates an adventure lifestyle ecosystem that consists of a diverse community of climbers, creatives, artists, fitness enthusiasts, and entrepreneurs, with the common vision of Becoming Superhuman Together.
We live and breathe our CORE VALUES. They’re what makes BKB…BKB!
GET WEIRD Be yourself. BKB is your creative playground.
CO-CREATE Trust your team. Results are stronger when we collaborate.
BE RELENTLESS Attitude is everything. Take risks. Fall hard. Get back up.
MAKE IT BEAUTIFUL Create something extraordinary. Be proud to share it. Never stop improving.
MAKE IT AN OPEN HOUSE PARTY Encourage diversity and inclusion.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
A leader and mentor who is very hands-on by nature and relentlessly detail oriented. A problem solver. Someone who has a passion for having fun, connecting with and developing people, and is excited to grow with and within Brooklyn Boulders! Someone with strong management and leadership skills who wants to inspire and be relentless.
The Assistant General Manager (AGM) supports the General Manager (GM) by overseeing daily operations in the facility including payroll, scheduling, HR matters, and local recruiting, allowing the GM more flexibility to build relationships and grow revenue outside of the four walls of the facility. The AGM will be expected to fully own facility maintenance, labor budgets, scheduling and payroll while co-creating with GM’s on critical initiatives to drive revenue and member value. Ultimately the AGM role is considered a critical stepping stone into a GM role.
The Assistant General Manager (AGM) supports the General Manager by:
- Ensuring local teams are held accountable for implementing national sales, operations and service initiatives via business planning processes to drive revenue and quality control at the local level
- Co-creating with local teams on facility-led initiatives in alignment with quarterly goals that drive revenue, foster continued product growth, support member engagement and retention
- Preparing bi-weekly all-facility payroll
- Facilitating monthly staff scheduling process to ensure maximum efficiency and productivity of all team members
- Assisting Product Managers as needed with bi-weekly QA audits of programs and classes to ensure all products are meeting Product Departmental Standards.
- Overseeing facility (maintenance) staff to ensure the facility maintains premium levels of cleanliness and hygiene standards at all times as measured by a weekly audit
- Working with General Manager to manage labor budget , including adjustments to commensurate with revenue
- Supporting GM and local managers with disciplinary conversations
- Recruiting facility team members and supporting GM with local hiring needs
- Spending time within our community of guests and visitors, constantly enriching end user perspective/feedback and validating assumptions
- Processing community member feedback and facilitating action to generate business value
- Maintaining a presence during peak weekday + weekend business hours
- Mentoring your management team with development opportunities, weekly 1:1’s and monthly succession planning
- Ability to travel to national and regional meetings for cross-functional alignment and co-creation on BKB products and agendas
- Lead weekly team metrics, alignment and event meetings as requested by GM
- Assist GM with essential administrative functions as requested
- Demonstrated proficiency in successfully rolling out new products and services as well as successfully managing change
- Expert level skill in people management and professional development including the ability to use a progressive discipline policy to manage performance
- Expert level skill in creating and managing profit and loss statements over multiple disciplines
- A proven track record of developing your direct reports
- Experience driving revenue and meeting monthly sales goals
- A background/and or documented experience in finance or data analytics
- Clear communication skills
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING and the Assistant General Manager is…
- Passionate and positive, with a go-getter attitude
- Committed to their teams and community
- Not afraid of achieving tough, demanding goals, and has a desire to continue “raising the bar”
- Free membership for employees
- Complimentary membership for a significant other or family member
- Unlimited free guest passes for friends*
- Discounts on personal training, retail, and guided outdoor adventure trips
- Free access to non-competitive youth programs for children of employees
- Company offered health, dental, and vision plans
- Generous paid time off policies
- Generous parental leave policy