GENERAL SUMMARY: As a UFC Gym brand ambassador, the Assistant General Manager (AGM) represents UFC Gym and ensures the team provides a welcoming, informative, differentiated, high energy, and incredible experience for all prospective members during gym visits. Assistant General Managers are held accountable for assisting the GM in achieving gym membership goals, private coaching attachment, and other sales goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The AGM is responsible for performing and/or assisting GM in the following activities for the gym: Personal Production, Weekend Management/Leadership, Staffing, Training, and Performance Management, assemble and manage a fully engaged and high performing membership team that aligns with company values and goals.
1. Sales Execution on Key Metrics & Drivers, Personal Production; Deliver Results
- Ensure membership execution on lead, appointment setting, and guest goal to hit financial targets set forth by the company.
- Assist the GM in on-going training on hitting 50% of guest conversion, 40% Ultimate Mix, and 25% attachment of point of sale private coaching.
- Inspire guests to purchase memberships. Turn every guest gym visit into a new member relationship by listening to guests’ goals, presenting UFC Gym in a way that best connects with the member, and establishing trust in UFC Gym through transparent pricing, open dialogue, and a passion for fitness.
- Ensure personal membership execution on lead generation, appointment setting, and hitting personal guest goal in order to hit financial targets.
- Ensure that the membership team hits monthly targets in New Member Sales, Electronic Funds Transfer, and Point of Sale Private Coaching goals.
- Achieve minimum goal by gym and achieve the difference between the membership team performance and monthly goals.
2. Weekend Management & Planning
- Participate and provide gym specific input into the development of the gym financial, expense, and operating plan for month.
- Assist GM to develop weekend membership plans to deliver financial and retention goals.
- With collaboration of GM, establish priorities and goals, including revenue goals and labor targets for weekends/month for the gym. Identify and plan execution of improvement in the gym.
- Along with the GM, assist in setting monthly, weekly and daily targets that are challenging but obtainable.
- Provide assistance to the GM on managing the schedule within budgeted hours and/or business demands.
- Work with weekend team in all departments to set priorities and goals to deliver a great member and guest experience.
- Provide input and report weekly and monthly results to the GM regarding gym financials.
- The AGM will be cross-trained in primary responsibilities of the GM. When no other managers are in the gym, the AGM will act as the “Manager on Duty” to be available for any and all member issues.
- Assist GM to establish a fun, safe, healthy, and community focused gym culture that delivers high member satisfaction and achieves maximum profitability. AGM takes 100% ownership on weekends.
- Be a role model for member experience by walking through gym and collecting member feedback to identify training and development opportunities for team members.
- Resolve elevated gym member concerns on weekends; conduct on-the-spot coaching to prevent them from reoccurring. If needed, work with GM every Monday to handle all weekend concerns.
- Monitor gym appearance and ensure problems are resolved in a timely manner.
- Ensure compliance with all timekeeping practices.
- Ensure policies, procedures, programs and promotions are efficiently executed on weekends.
- Ensures safety of employees, members and gym property on weekends.
- When not executing other job-related tasks, be present on the gym floor and locker rooms, helping ensure a clean and safe environment, while developing relationships for prospecting.
- As a contributing team member, assist the front desk as necessary so members receive a friendly greeting/check-in and prompt attention to their needs.
- Assist in team member selectiion by reviewing applications, interviewing and making hiring recommendations to the GM.
- Assist with training to generate leads/new business through member promotions, leads, referrals, appointments, shows, local events, outside marketing, and guest passes.
- Assist in training the team on current marketing campaigns in order to effectively communicate to members and prospective members.
- Assist with or conduct weekly meetings to review performance and offer direction, inspiration, and guidance toward achieving individual and gym goals.
ORGANIZATION RELATIONSHIPS: The UFC Gym Assistant General Manager reports directly to the General Manager.
1) Knowledge, skills & abilities
- Experience managing reports, budgeting, revenue, payroll, and/or demonstrated math analytical /ratio skills, & knowledge of fitness industry preferred.
- Experience with basic computer skills (MS Office, Internet)
- Strong and proven leadership, communication, time management, and analytical abilities and skills.
- Strong organizational skills and customer service orientation with proven results.
- Adhere to meal and rest break periods and must clock in and out for all shift times.
2) Minimum certifications/educational level
- High School Diploma or GED required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
3) Minimum experience
- 1-2 years of management experience supervising 3-10 employees preferred.
- 1-2 years of sales or related experience preferred.
4) Physical Requirements
- Must be able to lift 50-120 lbs., stand for up to 8-12 hours.
- Must have adequate transportation to and from work, to scheduled meetings, and/or to networking events.
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.