GENERAL SUMMARY: The Assistant Operations Manager is responsible for assisting and directing members/guests, monitoring incoming inquiries and ensuring proper check in procedures are followed. Actively engaging club member base, regularly greet and interact with members, and conduct member satisfaction she/he is a direct reflection of the Operations Manager. The AOM is also responsible for the dues growth of the club by helping to maintain a friendly, customer service environment and achieving dues results each month.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Resolve member concerns and complaints in a professional manner within UFC Gym corporate and club parameters
- Monitor club facilities for appearance and equipment and resolve or escalate issues that detract from the member experience
- Assist in providing direction to janitorial service
- Instill a sense of common responsibility and teamwork across club functions to improve the member and team member experience
- Ensure all front desk, kids club and Armbar adhere to policies and procedures
- Drive club efforts in achieving revenue goals in Dues, Retail, and Juice Bar and ancillary revenue
- Responsible for bill collecting on members EFT dues as well as making phone calls for past due members and members with invalid credit cards
- Work with OM in planning and implementation of promotions and merchandising
- Ensure that retail is optimally merchandised and displayed and that merchandise transfers take place according to company policy and procedure
- Follow-up with compliance checks by monitoring club systems and employee performance
- Ensure that systems procedures are accurately followed: proper POS procedure, desk set up, File Organization, Member Check-in, Class Check-in, Telephone Inquiry, Guest Registration, Cash Handling, Member ID Cards
- Maintain an efficient ‘back office’
- Review agreements and prepare daily paperwork for forwarding to agreement administration and cash control
- Make daily banking deposits Monday – Friday
- Order and maintain all supplies
- Supervise point-of-sales (POS) operations and file daily and weekly club revenue reports
- Responsible for proper inventory receiving and inventory control activities per company guidelines. Prepare inventory reports
- Greet all incoming members and guests
- Ensure Guest Fitness Profiles are completed and appropriate fees are collected
- Answer all incoming inquiries and obtain appropriate information to direct/transfer calls/guests.
- Handle member service issues to include: Personal Training, guest, Lost and Found items, new membership cards, change of address, EFT setup or change, and questions regarding billings and payments.
- Record lost and found items on the Lost and Found Property Log and secure items per policy
- Ensure required forms are available, and completed and processed properly (e.g. Kid’s Club, Group X Reservation sheets, etc.
- Promote and sell merchandise
- Assists in the planning and implementation of promotions and merchandising.
- Keep front desk area and lobby clutter free, and orderly
- Perform general cleaning duties to include hourly locker room checks
- Ensure all team members are in proper uniform
ORGANIZATION RELATIONSHIPS: The Assistance Operations Manager will report directly to the Operations Manager and/or General Manager. AOM will communicate and enforce all Policy and Procedures with the Operations Team. Duties require interaction with all club members and employees.
1) Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Must be energetic and possess a very friendly, outgoing personality and positive attitude
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, including telephone etiquette
- Possess a strong customer service focus
- Understands and follows oral and written instructions.
- Able to multi-task and perform tasks with accuracy and attention to detail
- Must be a team player and possess a can-do attitude
- Adhere to meal and rest break periods and must clock in and out for all shift times
2) Minimum certifications/educational level:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Current CPR/AED certification
3) Minimum experience:
- Must have 6 months’ customer service experience in health club, retail, hospitality or food service industry
- Experience with multiple phone lines preferred
- Basic computer skills
4) Physical Requirements:
- Required to stand, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Ability to stand and remain on your feet for a full shift
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.