GENERAL SUMMARY: The Assistant Operations Manager is responsible for assisting and directing members/guests, monitoring incoming inquiries and ensuring proper check in procedures are followed. Actively engaging club member base, regularly greet and interact with members, and conduct member satisfaction she/he is a direct reflection of the Operations Manager. The AOM is also responsible for the dues growth of the club by helping to maintain a friendly, customer service environment and achieving dues results each month.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Resolve member concerns and complaints in a professional manner within UFC Gym corporate and club parameters
- Monitor club facilities for appearance and equipment and resolve or escalate issues that detract from the member experience
- Assist in providing direction to janitorial service
- Instill a sense of common responsibility and teamwork across club functions to improve the member and team member experience
- Ensure all front desk, kids club and Armbar adhere to policies and procedures
- Drive club efforts in achieving revenue goals in Dues, Retail, and Juice Bar and ancillary revenue
- Responsible for bill collecting on members EFT dues as well as making phone calls for past due members and members with invalid credit cards
- Work with OM in planning and implementation of promotions and merchandising
- Ensure that retail is optimally merchandised and displayed and that merchandise transfers take place according to company policy and procedure
- Follow-up with compliance checks by monitoring club systems and employee performance
- Ensure that systems procedures are accurately followed: proper POS procedure, desk set up, File Organization, Member Check-in, Class Check-in, Telephone Inquiry, Guest Registration, Cash Handling, Member ID Cards
- Maintain an efficient ‘back office’
- Review agreements and prepare daily paperwork for forwarding to agreement administration and cash control
- Make daily banking deposits Monday – Friday
- Order and maintain all supplies
- Supervise point-of-sales (POS) operations and file daily and weekly club revenue reports
- Responsible for proper inventory receiving and inventory control activities per company guidelines. Prepare inventory reports
- Greet all incoming members and guests
- Ensure Guest Fitness Profiles are completed and appropriate fees are collected
- Answer all incoming inquiries and obtain appropriate information to direct/transfer calls/guests.
- Handle member service issues to include: Personal Training, guest, Lost and Found items, new membership cards, change of address, EFT setup or change, and questions regarding billings and payments.
- Record lost and found items on the Lost and Found Property Log and secure items per policy
- Ensure required forms are available, and completed and processed properly (e.g. Kid’s Club, Group X Reservation sheets, etc.
- Promote and sell merchandise
- Assists in the planning and implementation of promotions and merchandising.
- Keep front desk area and lobby clutter free, and orderly
- Perform general cleaning duties to include hourly locker room checks
- Ensure all team members are in proper uniform
ORGANIZATION RELATIONSHIPS: The Assistance Operations Manager will report directly to the Operations Manager and/or General Manager. AOM will communicate and enforce all Policy and Procedures with the Operations Team. Duties require interaction with all club members and employees.
1) Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Must be energetic and possess a very friendly, outgoing personality and positive attitude
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, including telephone etiquette
- Possess a strong customer service focus
- Understands and follows oral and written instructions.
- Able to multi-task and perform tasks with accuracy and attention to detail
- Must be a team player and possess a can-do attitude
- Adhere to meal and rest break periods and must clock in and out for all shift times
2) Minimum certifications/educational level:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Current CPR/AED certification
3) Minimum experience:
- Must have 6 months’ customer service experience in health club, retail, hospitality or food service industry
- Experience with multiple phone lines preferred
- Basic computer skills
4) Physical Requirements:
- Required to stand, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Ability to stand and remain on your feet for a full shift