The Assistant Studio Manager is responsible for performing all aspects of studio operations including control the quality of delivery of classroom instruction, delivery of world-class customer service, control and management of the physical environment and instructor development. This is an entry level management position which will allows the Assistant to learn the business and develop the skills to operate a studio.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
– Assist the Studio Manager in providing strong leadership in all processes related to the day to day operation of the studio
– Ensure that the physical studio space meets the high CorePower Yoga standards of excellence. Maintain the highest level of cleanliness, environment and functionality of all studio space. Ensure studio environment complies with the high standards of CorePower Yoga: this includes providing optimum heat and humidity, inspiring music, and clean and clutter-free surroundings in all areas of the studio
– Maintain an appropriate level of studio supplies so that all provisions and amenities are available for all clients at all times
– Perform as a CorePower Yoga Ambassador both inside and outside of the studio. Promote understanding and enthusiasm about yoga in the community
– Continue to develop Manager’s own yoga practice and level of knowledge. Seeks a deeper understanding of the value of the yogi lifestyle to connect with their community: peers, students, teachers, and other employees
– Teach an appropriate amount of classes per week to enable the continued connection with their CorePower Yoga community. A minimum of three classes per week is required
– Assist the Manager with the development of instructors and provide regular and productive feedback to instructors on teaching skills and techniques to afford continuous personal development and class experience
– Collaborates with Program Development team to deliver CorePower Yoga programs such as Teacher Training, Yogi Training, Nutrition, and BootCamp. Plans and executes approved special workshops
– Assist Program Leads to assemble and coordinate local teams to deliver Lifestyle Programs
– Collaborate with the Studio Manager in the promotion of Lifestyle Programs
– Complete required reporting to assist corporate office in maintaining complete and proper financial records
– Manage the risk associated with operating a business. Remain mindful of activities and operations of the business, and seek ways to minimize harm to clients, employees, and company assets
– Must be respectful of, and at all times compliant with, corporate rules, policies and procedures and management direction
– Complete special projects as required
EDUCATION, SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
– Completion of a Yoga Alliance certified 200 hour teacher training program is required
– Required demonstrated customer service skills, leadership ability, an aptitude for organization and an ability to prioritize job duties
– High School diploma is required
– College degree and business management experience preferred
– Must have a passion for the yogi lifestyle
– Frequently moves in physical activity while instructing class at least 3x a week
– Occasionally performs manual cleaning work to support the studio experience
– Occasionally moves and lifts up to 25 lbs
– Constantly communicates with students and employees about job related responsibilities
– Must be able to remain in a stationary position to operate a computer for at least 40% of the time
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
This job description is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, we reserve the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed. CorePower Yoga is an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals, including minorities, women, veterans & individuals with disabilities.
Live your power by joining us in helping others live theirs.