The Barista is the face of Wanderlust Cafe, consistently providing exceptional customer service, handcrafted coffee and teas, and assists with in-house food delivery and to-go orders.
Baristas embody the Wanderlust mission and culture with strong interpersonal communication skills, extensive knowledge or our services and passion for people and personal growth.
- Engage with guests to build strong service relationships and welcome guests into our cafe
- Deliver a superior experience to guests across all touchpoints
- Educate and customers, explain menu benefits/options and answer questions, upsell add-ons with guest focused experience
- Assist guests with dietary restrictions and direct to appropriate menu offerings with care
- Resolve guests concerns with the highest level of customer service.
- Prepare and sell beverages following recipes and preparation techniques for drinks such as espresso, latte, cappuccino, bulletproof, smoothies, etc.
- Take and receive orders, make correct change, and correct cash handling
- Deliver food and drink in a timely and kind manner
- Maintain inventories and cleanliness of the work and dining area, replenishing supplies, pastries, etc.
- Report any issues in a timely manner according to procedures.
- Assist with last minute changes and other emergency situations as needed.
- Inform Manager on Duty of supply levels in advance of depletion.
- Maintains safe work environment by following standards and sanitation regulations.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
F&B and Special Events
- Assist with F&B Front of House and Event/Workshop Operations as business need demands.
- A sense of service, leadership, and humility, and a passion for people.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- “Do what it takes” Team player with a positive attitude; willingness to wear other hats and perform other roles when needed
- Flexible, solution-oriented, ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment
- Proactive in generating daily and weekly structure and holding oneself accountable for achieving goals.
- 6 months of customer service experience – You’re a people person!
- Prior experience in F&B preferred.
- Great written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and collaboration skills. Takes an open-minded, solution-oriented approach to challenges and problem solves efficiently.
- Experience with point of sale software and online ordering platforms preferred
- Flexible schedule – Ability to work mornings, daytime, and weekends. (occasional evenings)