Wanderlust Hollywood, a leader in the mindful movement in Los Angeles is seeking a Community Marketing Manager. You will be responsible for establishing tactical plans and accountable for growing customer acquisition and retention with a strong focus on partnerships, direct field marketing, and ROI at the Wanderlust Hollywood Center.
Guest Service & Community Engagement
- Build an excellent relationship with Guests, being visible and accessible to guests and being a face of the Center.
- Represent the Center at various Center events and in the community and at high profile off-site functions including events, chamber mixers, networking groups, charity functions etc.
- Engage teachers & talent to market classes, events – providing them with regular tools and assets.
- Develop and execute member/prospective member events.
- Create guest surprise and delight to enhance the experience for existing students.
- Partner with General Manager and Wanderlust HQ to create an annual marketing calendar and campaigns that drive customer acquisition and increase revenue and retention with a strong focus on the local Yoga consumer.
- Create results through direct field marketing, B2B partnerships, content marketing, social media, SEO, website, and email campaigns and newsletters.
- Manage and execute day-to-day tactical objectives to attract new students by establishing and managing lead generation campaigns and activity, generating qualified sales leads through direct marketing and other field marketing approaches not limited to, but including ongoing development of the Wayfarer program.
- Provide insights into customer behaviors and market trends and meaningful objectives for senior leadership.
- Evaluate and respond to evolving buying patterns and guest feedback and respond with offers or other perks, to drive changes in behavior and protect revenue.
Brand, Marketing, Promotion, Communications
- Work collaboratively with Center and HQ teams to develop key marketing messages that articulate how we are different from our competitors, build premium value and drive visits and conversion. Ensure communications excite and persuade the audience to take action.
- Manage the creation/production of all promotional materials, draft copy and proof creative. Including but not limited to: creative development, flighting, tracking and fulfillment.
- Manage email calendar, list and execute emails to entire database and segmented groups on a weekly basis and as needed.
- Execute PR activities in collaboration with Director of PR that result in write-ups, reviews, awards, and speaking engagements.
- Ensure consistent brand standards and tone of voice for all mediums and marketing channels.
- Deepen engagement with consumers on our all consumer touchpoints to drive retention and referrals.
- Manage online marketing kit: manage all assets, publish and update as needed.
- Social Media Communications
- Responsible for content development, calendaring and posting across Wanderlust Hollywood social network accounts (FB, IG, TW, Periscope).
- Post relevant Wanderlust website content across Wanderlust Hollywood social networks.
- Provide monthly updates on social network statistics.
Financial & Metrics
- With Wanderlust HQ SVP of Marketing, maintain budgets set by the General Manager.
- Track, analyze and own marketing program effectiveness and ROI for initiatives
- Assist in achievement of financial objectives by monitoring for actual performance vs. budget and making adjustments.
- Report weekly tracking of all KPI’s, initiatives and progress reports.
All other duties as assigned.
- You embrace and embody the Wanderlust mission, service standards, and values.
- You have a passion for wellness, yoga and personal growth — you’re seeking your “true north”
- Must be able to work collaboratively with staff and clients, and have a strong ability to prioritize.
- Must be excellent at juggling many goals and responsibilities, thinking outside the box and problem solving with a sense of urgency. You have a pivot and iterate to continually improve results
- You thrive in a bonus based environment and works well under occasional pressure
- You’re a Team player with an enthusiastic attitude and willingness to assume responsibility and wear other hats and perform other roles when needed.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3+ years of marketing experience
- Strong knowledge of habits, trends and tendencies of local yoga and meditation practitioners and know where to find them.
- Availability to work traditional and non-traditional business hours: evenings and weekend, holidays, depending on business needs.
- Proficiency with MindBody a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication, including phone skills.
- Demonstrated success working in a fast-paced, fast-changing environment.
- 1+ years of bringing new offerings to market and driving revenue & customer growth.