SoulCycle is seeking a Copywriter to develop and write content across platforms for our recently launched Media Division. The Media Division will deliver on SOUL’s unique ability to engage our passionate community and extend the movement to a global audience. Today SoulCycle creates a one-of-a-kind live studio experience across 88 studios in North America. With over 6 million rides per year, SoulCycle has powerful reach and permission to play outside of our physical category. This position reports to the Senior Editor.
The Copywriter role requires a platform-agnostic approach to editorial—an individual with a track record of storytelling across a variety of digital platforms, including social. The KPIs for this role will be tied to engaging SOUL’s most loyal riders and reaching a new global audience to build brand awareness. The responsibilities and duties described below are representative and not a comprehensive list.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work closely with the Senior Editor and VP of Content, along with other departments, to pitch and develop stories that reflect an editorial calendar with weekly and monthly themes.
- Pitch and write content that leverages original reporting and exclusive access, finding fresh takes on topics with cultural resonance
- Write copy across platforms that establishes a clear voice and tone for the brand, adhering closely to SoulCycle’s edit and style guides
- Leverage analytics reporting and social data to hone pitches and proposed coverage topics, sourcing unexpected stories through social media sleuthing
- Work with social, creative, and talent teams to brainstorm and execute content and packages that execute on the brand’s mission and business objectives.
WHAT YOU’VE DONE AND HAVE
- At least two years of experience writing content across digital platforms, with a particular emphasis on lifestyle categories like mental wellbeing and fitness.
- A great idea generator and big thinker who can develop unexpected stories and franchises
- Exceptional storytelling, writing, and communications skills.
- Proven ability to multitask and work well under pressure in fast-paced environments.
- Skilled at translating analytics into action, using traffic data and social insights to fuel pitches and ideas.
- You are a brand-lover who deeply understands the consumer journey to create highly engaging, immersive consumer experiences that fulfill our brand mission.
- Understanding of the need for an inclusive, diverse, and healthy work environment and the ability to help create and maintain that space.
- Personal passion for wellness, fitness and/or SoulCycle.