Aaptiv is the fastest growing mobile fitness product on the market with a community of over 200,000 members and is backed by leading venture capital firms and top companies, including the Amazon Alexa Fund and Disney.
With a mission to empower everyone to live a healthier life, Aaptiv has transformed the way people exercise and train through its innovative audio fitness classes. Every Aaptiv class combines the guiding voice of an expert Aaptiv trainer with motivating music by top artists in every genre. Aaptiv members have unlimited, on-demand access to over 2,500 classes and structured programs across every type of exercise and a wide variety of activities, including running, strength-training, yoga, indoor cycling, meditation, and more.
Want to join Team Aaptiv? We’re looking for team members who are passionate about building a world-class fitness experience. There are over 80 million Americans who value fitness – and we believe every one of them should be an Aaptiv user.
About the role
What You’ll Do
- Design data warehouse architecture, schemas and pipelines that accurately represent our business model, and store data efficiently to enable fast application access and easy reporting
- Enforce data precision, implement guidelines and support software engineers in creating software that access and store data in the most optimal way while generating reliable data.
- Coordinate with Software Engineers to deploy online schema changes with minimal customer impact.
- Partner with Product Managers, other Data Engineers and Business Analysts to identify data gaps, brainstorm ideas, break down projects and estimate how long they will take.
- Part of a team that’s responsible for developing of all data products, ensuring we are shipping only high quality code that is tested thoroughly and monitored appropriately.
- Follow all engineering best practices. We want to build high-quality software that’s easy to understand, easy to change and works the way it’s supposed to.
- Work collaboratively in an agile environment with cross functional teams to help brainstorm ideas and solve data problems
Who You Are
- 3+ years of experience as a data engineer working on building data pipelines and transformations
- Expert in SQL, data modeling
- Strong Python programming skills
- Strong understanding of data access patterns and performance impacts in relational and dimensional models
- Experience in data warehouse performance analysis and optimizations
- Experience in running online schema changes
- Experience in creating custom data integration tools to extract/load/transform data
- Experience in building data products with unit and integration tests
- Experience with both SQL and noSQL datastores (MongoDB)
- Experience using AWS services (RDS, EC2, Data Pipeline, Lambda) is a plus
- You are always willing to pitch in to help your team no matter what the task may be