We’re looking for people who find inspiration in the same things we do: the limitless potential of women and girls everywhere. If you share our passion for a healthy, active lifestyle, personal growth, innovative product and creating rewarding experiences – join our community. Athleta is a certified B Corp – put simply we put people and planet right up there with profit and we’re committed to using business as a force for good.
Alone we are strong, united we thrive. Together, we create the Power of She.
- Responsible for creating trim designs by establishing a core hardware language and design seasonal updates through strong concept development
- Responsible for creating the story around new trim palettes and curate POV
- Responsible for researching markets, trade shows, shop, competitive analysis research and presentation
- Provides recommendations regarding seasonal themes, edits to line, new concepts, etc.
- Provides direction on how trims connect directly to apparel and accessories and provide functional beauty
- Ensures that product is consistent with market trends as well as business strategy.
- Responsible for Tech Pack creation.
- Works with technical designer and pre-production partner to ensure design packages are complete and accurate.
- Forges effective partnerships with development, R&D and vendors
- Demonstrates constant exploration/innovation curiosity – need to co-create onsite/vendors
- College degree in Fashion Design or a related field.
- 4 – 6 years design experience.
- Strong computer knowledge including Adobe Illustrator and Microsoft Excel.
- Strong CAD skills
- Strong design and conceptual skills.
- Strong Understanding of materials and finishes, soft goods and hardware
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Understanding of merchandising as it relates to sales and store environment.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.*
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees