We’re looking for people who find inspiration in the same things we do: the limitless potential of women and girls everywhere. If you share our passion for a healthy, active lifestyle, personal growth, innovative product and creating rewarding experiences – join our community. Athleta is a certified B Corp – put simply we put people and planet right up there with profit and we’re committed to using business as a force for good.
Alone we are strong, united we thrive. Together, we create the Power of She.
- Leads a high performing team to drive the product categories within your area of responsibility.
- Develops strong internal cross-functional relationships within Athleta and across Gap Inc. not limited to merchandising, production, tech design, marketing, product ops, and the Center of Excellence – Active.
- Leads and inspires functional team to remain; product obsessed, customer-focused, innovative, fast-moving and team-oriented.
- Key member of the Athleta Design leadership team.
- Sets overall direction in the conceptual development of product lines.
- Consistently seeks out Global Innovation.
- Responsible for managing team in all aspects of entire product design process to include market research, mood board creation, designing, sketching, specing and fit.
- Ensures that product is consistent with market trends as well as business strategy; interprets international/domestic concepts and fashion trends as it relates to market demands, company image and business strategy.
- Oversees selection of fabric and trim.
- Responsible for identifying and executing opportunities for process improvement through immediate staff members.
- Selects, leads, develops, and evaluates team.
- Provides overall recommendations and sets tone regarding style and fit of product(s) during presentation.
- Ensures consistency of look between differing businesses and multiple categories.
- Must have 10+ years of design background with at least 5 years of management experience.
- In depth knowledge of design techniques and processes.
- Team Leadership – has progressive experience leading teams of technical and non-technical experts to drive a common vision.
- Personal Leadership – demonstrated executive presence, ability to navigate complexity, work with creative and technical teams, and collaborate across a senior leadership team.
- Change Leadership – experience leading through significant change & transformation to move on organization forward in a financially responsible way.
- Talent Builder – proven track record of assessing, attracting and developing best in industry leaders and teams.
- Travel as business requires.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.*
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees