Job Title: Retail Distribution Center Assistant
Reports to: Distribution Center Manager
Classification: non-exempt, part time
About the Company
We believe yoga is for everybody and it is our mission to help people lead healthier lives by helping people connect their minds and their bodies to center themselves and achieve a sense of calm. Our highly trained, passionate teachers and staff make yoga accessible to people of all ages and abilities in an inclusive and non-judgmental environment that is community-oriented. Our first studio opened 30 years ago and we are expanding, primarily through the acquisition of new studios. To help fund our growth, we completed an initial public offering and are the first yoga instruction to be publicly traded (NASDAQ: YOGA). We are a people-oriented business and offer students an amazing service year-round. Corporate and regional teams support our studio teams who both deliver our unique, authentic, high quality experience and drive the important sales and marketing efforts that build our local communities. Additional programming of workshops, teacher training and our online video subscription service, MyYogaWorks.com, round out our offering.
About the Role
The Retail Distribution Center Assistant is responsible for providing assistance to our buyers and distribution center manager. This job is part-time and must be performed between the hours of 9am and 5pm Monday through Friday.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Receive, unpack and tag products as they arrive at the Distribution Center
- Accurately complete merchandise transfers to studios
- Track invoices and match up vendor paperwork
- Code and scan retail invoices to accounting department for payment
- Use inventory software to record, track and maintain inventory related data
- Perform physical inventory counts
- Generate inventory reports
- Assist on ad-hoc projects as needed to meet company goals
Qualifications and Experience
- Attention to detail & organization
- Proficiency in the use of inventory software
- Flexibility, able to handle multiple projects & shift priorities as needed
- Works well with a team
- Prior backroom retail experience a plus
- Highly energetic, positive and enthusiastic team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to prioritize, multitask, and work independently to balance the immediate and long term needs of the business with a high sense of urgency
- Ability to stay calm at all times and act respectfully and professionally
- Dependable, accountable, and responsible
- Proactive problem solver; detail-oriented, self-motivated
- Highly organized with excellent communication skills
- Strong written and verbal skills
This job primarily operates in retail distribution center, attached to the main Corporate office. Occasional travel to YogaWorks studios is required. Not all locations have elevators or offer physically-disabled access. The role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Employee must be able to work hours that sometimes exceed 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours per week including nights and weekends, especially during peak activity periods if requested by manager.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit or stand for up to 6 hours at a time; use hands to finger, handle, reach or feel and talk or hear. The employee is sometimes required to bend, lift and occasionally carry items up to 40 plus pounds. This job often requires climbing staircases as elevators are not present at all locations.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and ability to adjust and focus.
- Strong verbal skills (proficient in English)
- Must be able to effectively hear in person and via telephone.