The Event Assistant ensures our Private and Ticketed Events operate smoothly, from setup to breakdown. Event Assistants embody the Wanderlust mission and culture with strong interpersonal communication skills, exemplary customer service, and hands-on positive attitude.
- Assist in setup of events, including setting up tables, chairs, food service, and moving existing merchandise to make room for clients’ merchandise.
- Foodservice such as tray passing, service of plated meals, and set up and refreshment of buffets and food stations
- Take initiative by refreshing necessary food and beverage items, and cleaning debris and bussing trash before being asked
- Engage with guests to build strong service relationships and welcome guests with the highest level of customer service.
- Deliver a superior experience to guests across all touchpoints.
- Alert Event Manager to any needs from guests and clients, and addressing such needs with a sense of urgency
- A sense of service, leadership, humility, and a passion for people
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- “Do what it takes” Team player with a positive attitude; willingness to wear other hats and perform other roles when needed
- Flexible, solution-oriented, ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment
- 6 months of event coordination and/or wait-staff experience.
- Prior experience in F&B preferred.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Takes an open-minded, solution-oriented approach to challenges and problem solves efficiently.
- Flexible schedule – this is a part-time position with variable scheduling must have availability to work evenings and weekends.