Wanderlust is a leading yoga lifestyle brand, best known for its festivals featuring world-class yoga and meditation instruction, cutting-edge musical performances, inspiring lectures, outdoor adventures, organic food, wine, and art. Wanderlust infuses adventure and culture into health and wellness, making mindful living hip and accessible. With over 70 international event, 4 brick and mortar studios, and a 360 production studio, Wanderlust is the world’s largest health and wellness company. Like our mindful community, our staff is a passionate, curious and diverse. We are yogis, teachers, foodies, artists, travelers and seekers. Come join our tribe.
This role is primarily responsible for the execution of events on property. The Event Producer works closely with the Center Events Manager, Ticketed Programming Director, Culinary Manager and the Serving Crew to ensure the event order is executed accurately and the guest expectation is met. This position does require a flexible schedule with days and nights, as well as weekdays and weekends.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Catering / F&B
- Generate detailed BEO’s and estimate of expenses according to contract.
- Coordinate with all aspects of Food and Beverage functions including pre-planning, supervision of staff during set-up, service and breakdown; and administrative duties, including billing.
- Meet weekly with the Culinary Manager to review upcoming events and parties, to review all information pertinent to setup and service and as needed make updates.
- Work with Client/Event Host/Talent to coordinate all production needs post booking with consideration to venue look, feel and decor.
- Create floor plans and Run of Show for private events and prepare Production & Banquet Staff accordingly. Coordinate successful timing of events according to the guests needs.
- Coordinate and source all rentals for event.
- Plan all private events thoroughly and accurately ensuring the host’s needs are met.
- Coordinate deliveries of scheduled event amenities with vendors.
- Coordinate with event host upon arrival regarding ROS, setup and event execution.
- Onsite project manager to ensure positive guest experience, approve contract adjustments, manage crews, problem-solve and report back to team with wins and areas of improvement.
- Liaise and coordinate with Event Production, Programming Director, Marketing and Center Operations to ensure excellent execution and with consideration to impact to our Center Members and Guests.
- Manage events properly, liaising with Cafe for F&B needs, Valet, Production Team- including AV, lighting and set up crews, and third-party vendor management, security and permits (if needed.)
- Oversee event ticketing for all events on Eventbrite, Wanderlusts’ ticketing platform.
- Supervise maintenance and cleanliness of space
- Identify and request repairs immediately.
- Communicate with Wanderlust employees & managers concerning operations of the center related to events.
- Maintain email correspondence with clients regarding the logistics of their upcoming events
- Manage of Front of House Team to ensure delivery of an exceptional member and guest experience. Ensure guest expectations are exceeded.
- Ensure Events Department is equipped or if needed that outside vendors are brand aligned to consistently deliver high-quality event and catering services.
- Professionally manage client expectations and requests with urgency, level-headedness, and positivity. Anticipate guests needs, acting promptly regardless of how busy.
- Ensures delivery of excellence in customer experience from all team members.
Management & Team Development
- Recruit, hire, onboard, supervise and off-board Production staff. Lead by example, train and develop strengths in all areas of service.
- Ensure excellence in service while maintaining HR protocols related to employee scheduling and breaks and/or IC Contracts, insurance and required forms.
- Supervise staff the timely set-up, execution, and break-down of all banquet functions.
- Provides leadership through effective objective setting, delegation, and communication.
- As appropriate, recognize personal limitations and ask for help.
General Operations & Administration
- Lead and Manage essential Center operations, including but not limited to:
- General Administrative support
- General Administrative support to GM and Center
- Assist with finding subs as needed
- Financial & Metrics
- Maintain budgets set by the Events & Programming Managers
- Monitor inventory and implement inventory controls to reduce shrinkage.