Brooklyn Boulders opened on September 9, 2009 in Gowanus, built out of the old Daily News Garage with a passionate group of early adopters. From there, an incredible community was born, and we realized we had something special on our hands- BKB was more than a climbing gym, it was a second home for many to bring their passions to life. Each Brooklyn Boulders thereafter became an improved iteration, and we’re continuing to innovate to inspire people to live their best lives possible, through physical potential, arts and culture, innovation and diversity.
We live and breathe our core values – they are the heart of what makes Brooklyn Boulders.
GET WEIRD Be yourself. BKB is your creative playground.
CO-CREATE Trust your team. Results are stronger when we collaborate.
BE RELENTLESS Take risks. Fall hard. Get back up.
MAKE IT BEAUTIFUL Create something extraordinary. Be proud to share it. Never stop improving.
MAKE IT AN OPEN HOUSE PARTY Encourage diversity and inclusion.
WE ARE: Combining work, life, and play. We’re creating and fostering a diverse community of climbers, creatives, fitness enthusiasts, and entrepreneurs all under one roof. Our community is our lifeblood. Whether it’s through special events, climbing classes, or everyday interactions in our collaborative workspaces, our work is motivated by our commitment to providing them with inspiring experiences and exceptional opportunities.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
The Experience Supervisor is responsible for supporting all aspects of the Brooklyn Boulders’ customer Experience. They engage directly with our guests and members and supervise the front-line team members responsible for guiding them through experiences and purchase decisions. You are enthusiastic about growing our community and guiding members and guests with information or encouragement. Most importantly, you are passionate about motivating a team to achieve extraordinary results. You are also someone who has a passion for having fun, connecting with our guests and members, and is excited to grow with and within Brooklyn Boulders!
It’s time to get weird with Brooklyn Boulders.
- Manage a team that offers our customers guidance, support and encouragement to make purchase decisions on their experience pathway towards membership
- Co-create with the Experience Trainer to administer team member training and development from onboarding through tier progressions
- Lead team and self-study development time exercises to ensure team members can demonstrate the proficiency required to hit production goals or implement work packet items
- Lead the creation of professional development plans that enable team members to progress through Community Specialist tiers, become Experience Supervisors, or transfer to other teams
- Co-create with the General Manager or other facility managers to set relevant and achievable monthly, weekly and daily performance and production goals for team members
- Co-create with the General Manager or other facility managers to lead weekly and daily team meetings to provide important updates, identify roadblocks and motivate team members to achieve performance and production targets
- Track and communicate results towards performance and production goals, celebrating success and identifying needs for development as required
- Create Performance Improvement Plans (PIPs) associated with failure to meet onboarding milestones, production standards or performance standards
- Support the implementation of work packets or other initiatives through the training of your team, implementation and information gathering for retrospectives
- Maintain operational standards, including the monitoring and auditing of team members to ensure standards are achieved
- Own responsibility for scheduling of Community Specialists
- Lead or participate in hiring committees to find new Community Specialists that align with historically successful profiles
- Lead or participate in promotion committees to promote Community Specialists or Supervisors that align with historically successful profiles
- Lead performance evaluations for all direct reports
- Work floor hours alongside Community Specialists to provide on-the-spot coaching
- Co-create with other facility managers and coordinators to plan and execute events as needed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- At least 2 years of relevant sales and management experience with a demonstrated track record of meeting or exceeding goals
- Experience using POS, Membership Management, and CRM software, specifically, customer engagement, account management and data analysis.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel, Google Apps (incl. Docs, Spreadsheets, and Calendar)and project management
- Knowledge and experience in the rock climbing, fitness, and/or entertainment industries is a plus, but not required.
- A comfort level with reading and interpreting a budget, as well as data analytics
- The ability to work during peak periods, namely weekends and evenings
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING and an Experience Supervisor is…
- Providing a consistently positive and inspiring attitude for the Community Specialists on their team
- Comfortable with following up with community specialists on areas of improvement, and managing their peer group
- Able to roll with the punches and demands of a high energy facility that sees as many as 36,000 unique guest visits per year
- Experienced using POS and CRM software, specifically, customer engagement, account management and data analysis
- Not afraid of achieving tough, demanding goals, and has a desire to continue “raising the bar”
- Driven by the desire to improve lives by providing amazing experiences
- Free membership for employees
- Complimentary membership for a significant other or family member
- Unlimited free guest passes for friends*
- Discounts on personal training, retail, and guided outdoor adventure trips
- Free access to non-competitive youth programs for children of employees
- Company offered health, dental, and vision plans
- Generous paid time off policies
- Generous parental leave policy
Though our Team Members come from a wide range of experiences and are as unique as our business, we are all united under our ultimate promise: belonging and inspiration through experiences that engage imagination, passion, and physical potential! If you’re excited by the prospect of co-creating with a hard-working, driven team of individuals, we’re excited to talk with you about a future at Brooklyn Boulders.
*With your application, please provide your resume and cover letter*
Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group