Spartan is looking for a versatile, hard-working, and talented individual to join our experiential marketing team in the New York office. This role is unpaid, located in New York City, daily onsite responsibilities are expected.
Primary responsibilities of the role are the planning and execution of Spartan events as well as be responsible for general housekeeping items such as expenses, contracts and payments. The person in this role will work closely with edit, sales, brand development, design, and integrated marketing teams to ensure alignment. Core functions will include the execution of event programs on behalf of the Spartan brand and/or with brand partners. This person must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, multitask, and not be afraid to roll up their sleeves. Our ideal candidate is creative, organized and has a strong knowledge and background in event marketing.
- Report to the social marketing director to plan and support offline marketing programs and events
- Research event and promotional vendors in various markets in the US
- Both support the experiential marketing team and own on the on-site execution of events including vendor load in, event flow, and load out
- Organize and update event calendars and promotional inventory database
- Collaborate with the creative team, ensuring all event creative adheres to Spartan brand guidelines, as it pertains to event marketing
- Monitor industry trends, competitive landscape, social media, and device landscape to inform and inspire the development of new event experiences and activations
- Prepare marketing reports and recaps by pulling statistics and event photos
- Monitor budgets by compiling and submitting expense reports in a timely manner
- Process event contracts and billing inquiries for all vendors
- Order of promotional items for events
- Research potential partnership programs
- Assist with other general administrative tasks and various special projects
Qualities required of all Spartan team members:
Spartan Race is a high-performance organization, and successful team members must therefore possess a strong work ethic and hands-on approach to business. We are innovative, create inventive solutions, and are exceptionally service minded. Team members at Spartan change lives, and have a passion for the organization. Paramount to our organization is the maturity to embrace ambiguity and ability to adapt according to the market and the continuing innovation of the organization.
- Ability to hold one’s self accountable and an aptitude for prioritizing multiple projects
- Strong sense of teamwork with the ability to foster relationships
- Proactive, solutions-oriented; capability to identify efficiencies and decrease costs while maintaining a quality workplace environment and product
- Collegial approach to a business environment and cooperative work style
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills