We’re looking for people who find inspiration in the same things we do: the limitless potential of women and girls everywhere. If you share our passion for a healthy, active lifestyle, personal growth, innovative product and creating rewarding experiences – join our community. Athleta is a certified B Corp – put simply we put people and planet right up there with profit and we’re committed to using business as a force for good.
Alone we are strong, united we thrive. Together, we create the Power of She.
The FIT intern is a dynamic, hard-working individual with vision, initiative, excellent communication skills, and a sharp focus. The FIT intern will be responsible for completing a 10-week in-store training program that ensures strong operations and leadership skills. Upon successful completion of the program, the intern will be offered a store leadership role.
The intern will be placed in a store of 30-60 team members. They will be responsible for completing all aspects of the internship including reading, activities, calls and experiences, providing leadership that will uphold the Gap Inc customer experience vision. The FIT will learn how to create a great place to shop for our customers and a great place to work for our employees. They will assist with driving business by overseeing a store with sales ranging from 2-7 million and will learn how to lead an exceptional customer experience through visual merchandising, strategic product placement, store operations, financial acumen and human resource activities and experiences.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Learn to manager through effective planning, prioritizing, communication and follow up
- Exposure to developing and communicating short term and long term business plans that set clear performance objectives for the store team
- Observes, setting team direction, supporting priorities and maximizing the internal and external customer experience
- Utilizes company tools and sales reports to analyze trends and identify business opportunities
- Reflects weekly to measure and receives feedback on individual performance
- Partners with the General Manager to review the scheduling plan to effectively manage workload, support business objectives and maximize productivity
- Discusses short term and long term recruiting, hiring and staffing strategy to support the business
- Participates in interviews, hiring and training associates
- Creates a positive work environment through ensuring all policies are followed
- Partners with the General Manager to establish clear performance goals for 10 week program to ensure objectives are accomplished
- Passion for creating an extraordinary customer experience
- Students of all majors are welcome to apply. A GPA of 2.7 or better is preferred.
- Past retail experience is preferred but not required.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Excellent communication, presentation, delegation, follow-up skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers and store personnel
- Maneuver around Sales floor, stock room and office
- Ability to occasionally lift and carry up to 20 pounds
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the internship activities, and the business, including evening overnight and weekend shifts.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.*
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees