GENERAL SUMMARY: The Financial Analyst will be a key member of the finance team reporting directly to the Director of FP&A. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, financial reporting and analysis, commission and bonus calculation and reporting, as well as financial profitability analysis and other special projects as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in developing annual budgets, forecasts and budget variance explanations.
- Support the development and distribution of timely management reporting and analysis packages.
- Assist the commissions and bonus calculation and reporting processes.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships across the business in order to understand the business, the primary drivers, goals, and the needs of partners and customers.
- Provide project management support and coordination.
- Assist in designing, documenting, and improving internal controls and standard operating procedures.
- Assist in developing and maintaining investment and financial models.
- Ad hoc assignments for business partners and management as needed.
- Maintain strict confidentially in all aspects of the job.
1) Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Strong attention to detail and ability to recognize and resolve variances
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong initiative and ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Excellent time management, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficient in pivot tables and vloopkups with exceptional Excel skills
- Motivated by complexity and ambiguity, and exhibits strong critical thinking skills
- Resourceful and can problem-solve efficiently and effectively
- Extremely organized in order to manage multiple projects/deadlines simultaneously
- Able to draw conclusions from data and communicate clear actionable insights to both financial and non-financial audience
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP preferred but not required
2) Minimum certifications/educational level:
- BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field
3) Minimum experience:
- Minimum of 2+ years in FP&A or consulting
4) Physical Requirements:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit or stand for up to 8 hours. The employee occasionally sits, walks, kneels and reaches with hands and arms.
- Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 10 lbs.