MIDTOWN is looking for a Fitness Intern to add to our first class organization.
About Our Company
MIDTOWN Corporate Office is a pleasant work environment serving our upscale athletic clubs and club management partners across North America. Our team of associates is committed to exceptional performance, delivering our promise to members, and supporting a workplace where everyone can reach their full career potential.
MIDTOWN ATHLETIC CLUBS is an industry leader in upscale fitness and sports resorts. Founded in 1970 as a single tennis club in Chicago, Midtown now has 8 full-service tennis and fitness facilities in the United States and Canada. To learn more, read Our Story.
MIDTOWN HEALTH, sister company to Midtown Athletic Clubs, is a leader in fitness center management and employee wellness solutions for medically-integrated and corporate fitness centers throughout the United States. To learn more, click here.
As an integral part of the fitness team, our Fitness Interns inspire members through movement, community, and personal attention. They encourage active, social, and healthier lives by:
- Representing the club in an energetic, motivating, and positive manner
- Ensuring club programs are safe, fun, challenging, and motivating
- Treating members, guests, and fellow associates with genuine respect
- Providing fitness expertise and group exercise instruction
- Delivering exceptional customer service
- Increasing membership enrollment by promoting the club
Our Fitness Interns:
- Are in their final year of undergraduate studies, in one of the following areas: Kinesiology, Exercise Science and Exercise Physiology
- Have some experience in a fitness or health club environment
- Sincerely enjoy helping others improve their health and quality of life
- Are respectful and understand the importance of leading by example
- Possess a professional demeanor and outstanding customer service skills
- Have exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Possess effective leadership abilities and are highly motivated
- Have an interest in financial reporting
- Possess certification in CPR/AED
Full-time Midtown associates are eligible to receive a competitive compensation package and benefits plan including: group health, dental, life, vision, prescription drug program, flexible spending account, short/long term disability, matching 401k, professional development account, and a complimentary club membership.
MIDTOWN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.