GENERAL SUMMARY: The Fitness Manager (FM) is responsible for ensuring a positive customer experience, both personally and through Coach supervision. FM’s are responsible for delivering great member service and private training & supplement revenue. As needed, they address member issues, employee relations issues, and oversee scheduling and timekeeping activities. On a regular basis, they communicate and enforce Company and Club policies and procedures. FM’s are responsible for the successful attainment of revenue goals pertaining to private training and supplements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) Staffing and Development
- Recruit, hire, train and develop a strong team of coaches and potential leaders.
- Maintain a fully engaged and high performing Personal Training/MMA team that aligns with company values and goals.
2) Club Administration
- Ensures Coaches are productive, that revenue and service goals are properly communicated and that the Club remains on-track to attain daily, weekly and monthly financial goals. Sets monthly, weekly and daily goals and objectives, which are consistent with those of the Company. Conducts monthly, weekly and daily meetings with Coaches to review performance and operations, as well as offer direction, motivation and guidance towards achieving personal and club goals.
- Handles member service matters, such as: providing tours of the Club, explaining services offered by the Fitness Department and signing members up for training agreements and appointments. Mediates member issues and complaints in a timely and effective manner, elevating issues when appropriate.
- Performs various administrative and housekeeping duties within assigned areas as needed.
- Alerts the Operations staff of repairs and maintenance needs in the club. Conducts facility walk-throughs daily.
- Complies with operational procedures in the club and follows up with compliance checks through the monitoring of club systems and employee performance.
2) Sell and Conduct Personal Training with Members
- Works the floor to assist members and encourages their involvement in private training.
- Ensures accurate administration of client programs, supplement purchases, measurement tracking and workout programs. Arrives on time, prepared and attentive for training appointments.
- Assists in all revenue generating activities, including but not limited to: complimentary workouts, supplement booths, body fat tables, seminars, workshops, etc.
- Sells training sessions. Executes an effective prospecting strategy, conducts guest tours, and assumes responsibility for completing sales of staff when needed through the Turn-Over process.
- Responsible for achieving monthly revenue objectives set forth by the Company with regards to private training and supplements.
- Reviews daily club sales performance and individual employee performance statistics with the VP and staff members to identify issues and clarify behaviors needed to achieve club sales goals.
- Administer company policies as they relate to the sales process.
ORGANIZATION RELATIONSHIPS: The Fitness Manager will report directly to the General Manager and/or VP. The Fitness Manager will communicate and enforce all Policy and Procedures with the Fitness Team. Duties require interaction with all club members and employees.
1) Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- In depth knowledge of Personal Training techniques from assessment to program design.
- Possesses a working knowledge of the DotFIT program and software.
- Must be able to operate and adjust all Fitness equipment.
- Knowledge of company policies, practices and procedures, including emergency and safety procedures.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Able to demonstrate and maintain a friendly, enthusiastic and positive attitude.
- Possesses a strong customer service focus. Responds professionally to requests and inquiries from guests, members and staff.
- Understands and follows oral and written instructions. Communicates clearly and concisely.
- Possesses strong organizational skills. Understands basic record keeping practices and procedures. Demonstrates the ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Must be computer proficient, with basic skills in Microsoft Word and Excel.
2) Required Experience:
- Minimum of 1 certification from organization recognized by UFC Gym
- Current CPR/AED certification
- High school diploma or GED.
- Four-year degree in a related field recognized by UFC Gym (preferred).
- Minimum 1 year of related experience.
- Experience in management/employee relations preferred.
4) Physical Requirements:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand.
- Physical effort required for daily duties include lifting heavy weights, squatting, bending, reaching, spotting, and prolonged standing and walking. Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 45+ lbs.