GENERAL SUMMARY: The Front Desk Representative is the first line of contact for members and guests. They deliver the Ultimate Service Promise by providing superior customer service while assisting members with purchases and directing membership inquiries.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Front Desk Customer Service
- Warmly greets members and guests as they enter and leave the club.
- Answers incoming calls in a professional and efficient manner and transfers phone calls promptly and to the right department or individuals.
- Checks in members and verifies membership; signs up members for group fit or ultimate classes.
- Registers prospective members and directs them to the membership department.
- Addresses members’ questions or direct them to the appropriate individual for better assistance.
- Sells supplements, apparel and other UFC GYM retail items to members.
- Rings up purchases on the POS system and provides accurate change.
- Maintains a professional image and behavior at all times- avoids eating, sitting, reading, internet surfing, using a personal cell phone or other activities which are not work related.
- Responds professionally to requests and inquiries from guests, members, and staff.
- Provides information to members regarding special club events.
- Immediately reports or escalates to management any unsafe conditions or emergency situations.
- Keeps front desk and lobby neat and clean at all times.
- Performs opening and closing procedures for the front desk, as assigned.
- Attends monthly meetings or other scheduled meetings.
- Assist with inventory or product pricing, as needed.
- Calls all past due members regarding late dues and down payments.
1) Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Must be energetic and possess a very friendly, outgoing personality and positive attitude
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, including telephone etiquette
- Possess a strong customer service focus
- Understands and follows oral and written instructions.
- Able to multi-task and perform tasks with accuracy and attention to detail
- Must be a team player and possess a can-do attitude
2) Minimum certifications/educational level:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Current CPR/AED certification
3) Minimum experience:
- Must have 6 months’ customer service experience in health club, retail, hospitality or food service industry
- Experience with multiple phone lines preferred
- Basic computer skills