OUR PEOPLE POWER OUR PURPOSE. Join our team and ignite your intention to make a difference. Together, we’ll create an experience that’s powerful enough to transform lives, including your own.
A CorePower Yoga (CPY) Instructor delivers an extraordinary experience. The instructor provides this experience through a welcoming front desk check-in process, guiding students through a CPY-defined class, and supporting each individual student in living their most extraordinary life. The CPY instructor cultivates supportive relationships with the community by making themselves accessible and approachable, ensuring student safety, and embodying the CPY Core Values at all times. Instructors have the opportunity to broaden their scope of influence by attending, coaching, and leading programs and workshops within the studio and the region.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
– Provide superior yoga instruction by teaching CorePower Yoga classes, adhering to CPY 5; atmosphere/environment standards, sequencing and structure expectations, authentic connections and assistance, diminish the dogma and announcements at all times
– Educate students on correct alignment while providing modifications for postures during their yoga practice as appropriate for their success, challenge and safety
– Maintain positive relationships with students to encourage continued class attendance and support their growth through CorePower Yoga lifestyle programs
– Provide excellent customer service by promptly responding to student needs and concerns, actively listening and engaging in conversation before and after classes. It is essential that instructors are present at the studio 30 minutes prior and 30 minutes after their class instruction
– Continually aspire to teach a challenging, engaging and compelling yoga class
– Effectively promote CPY trainings and programs to students by announcing, discussing and inviting students to upcoming CPY trainings, programs and special events
– Keep up to date on the most current information about the yoga industry, CorePower Yoga and their studios by attending instructor communication meetings and continuing education events, utilizing studio and corporate communications, and engaging in community
– Comply with expectations for teacher substitution, no-show policy, distribution list use, personal and partner yoga use and other guidelines as outlined by the Instructor Employee Handbook, and outlined by studio management
– Consistently provide and welcome and incorporate feedback to inspire continuous growth in teaching efficacy. Maintains and supports a positive working relationship with peers and managers by offering feedback
– Understand and efficiently navigate MindBody Online software (MBO) to sign students in, purchase packages, retail, and memberships. Utilize Salesforce and internal interest forms to input and track interest in CPY Lifestyle programs
– Must be respectful of, and at all times compliant with, corporate rules, policies and procedures and management direction as stated in the Instructor Employee Handbook
EDUCATION, SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
– The Yoga Instructor requires a passion for the yogic lifestyle
– Completion of a Yoga Alliance certified 200 hour teacher training program is required
– Excellent oral communication skills are a must as the instructor will dictate and demonstrate breath and postures throughout class.
– Professionalism and exceptional interpersonal are essential for maintaining the high level of customer service required for the position.
– Current CPR/AED certification required
– High School diploma required
– Frequently moves in physical activity for a maximum 1.5 hours at a time
– Frequently communicates with students who have inquiries about the studio
– Must be able to operate a computer 25% of the time to facilitate student check ins and inquiries
– Required to teach a minimum of 2 permanent classes a week
This job description is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, we reserve the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed. CorePower Yoga is an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals, including minorities, women, veterans & individuals with disabilities.
Live your power by joining us in helping others live theirs.