Since the beginning, we’ve been inspired by everything women and girls are capable of, whether they’re serious athletes or just getting into fitness. We create versatile premium performance apparel designed for a life in motion. Challenge fuels us and we are always reaching for the amazing.
We’re looking for people who find inspiration in the same things we do: the limitless potential of women and girls everywhere. If you share our passion for a healthy, active lifestyle, personal growth, innovative product and creating rewarding experiences – join our community. Athleta is a certified B Corp – put simply we put people and planet right up there with profit and we’re committed to using business as a force for good.
Alone we are strong, united we thrive. Together, we create the Power of She.
- Support style level, bottoms-up sales and inventory plans
- Assist in validating Commercial Plan
- Provide data analysis to support business recaps, in-season forecasting/OTB buying, and demand driven buying efforts
- Execute in-season price strategies (promo/MD)
- Own professional development in collaboration with manager
- Support/participate in a collaborative, innovative and results-orientated environment
- Assist in managing the financial success of a division/department or class by meeting sales, gross margin and inventory productivity goals
- Analyze historical data and current trends. Identify risks and opportunities by division/department or class and solicit ideas for issue resolution
- Participate in formulation of pre-season strategy with merchant and planner
- Partner with Inventory Planner in creating pre-season financial sales and inventory plans by department, classes and/or style
- Recap and review actual sales performance weekly/monthly to plan
- Partner with planner to identify risks/opportunities and develop action plans to achieve financial goals
- Participate in meetings with knowledge of prepared materials
- Communicate financial results to manager and cross-functional team on a weekly basis
- Able to build and maintain productive relationships with planning and cross-functional teams
- Provide manager and planner with timely feedback on personal developmental and training needs
- Actively participate in company sponsored planner training programs
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Demonstrates logical analysis and problem solving skills
- Possesses an ability to understand financial measurements and how to impact them
- Demonstrates strong listening, written and oral communication skills
- Able to build and maintain productive relationships
- Technology proficiency, including the ability or aptitude to learn technical applications
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- 1-2 years analytical experience, preferably in a specialty retail environment
- Ecommerce experience strongly preferred
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.*
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees