We’re looking for people who find inspiration in the same things we do: the limitless potential of women and girls everywhere. If you share our passion for a healthy, active lifestyle, personal growth, innovative product and creating rewarding experiences – join our community. Athleta is a certified B Corp – put simply we put people and planet right up there with profit and we’re committed to using business as a force for good.
Alone we are strong, united we thrive. Together, we create the Power of She.
- Learning Agility
- Strategic Orientation
- Collaboration and Influencing
- Analyze historical data and current trends to identify risk and opportunity for one or more categories
- Manage the pre-season planning process and develop division/department or class financial plans. Ensure plans support broader brand/category strategies
- Collaborate with merchandising partners to set pre-season detailed assortment sales and investment plans that align with top-line class level plans
- Responsible for in-season open-to-buy activities at class level
- Ensure receipt accuracy to support in-season management and recommended chase, air and/or proper receipt flow
- Strategize, recommend and execute in-season pricing to maximize business goals and consider impacts across channels
- Develop month forecasts of sales and inventory for Basics, as required
- Communicate financial results, forecasts, and action plans to Manager and/or Director and cross-functional team on a weekly basis
- Represent department/product category point of view in key meetings
- Work with peers to ensure consistency of information
- Develop strong working relationships with members of cross-functional team (merchandising, production, planning, company planning, store planning, store operations)
- Prioritize and manage expectations of cross-functional team around key deliverables
- Develop and maintain cross-divisional peer relationships to share best practices and align processes
- Create a collaborative, innovative, results-oriented work environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 2-4 years work experience, preferred
- Financial and Business Acumen: Ability to evaluate financial and business indicators and translate data into actionable information to drive results; proficiency in retail math
- Problem Solving & Decision Quality: Able to use rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions
- Influencing & Negotiation: Can present ideas and directions that lead others to action
- Systems and Tools Acumen: Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, and have aptitude to learn technical applications quickly
- Collaboration: Able to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrate strong listening, written and oral communication skills
- Omni-channel experience a plus
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.*
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees