Since the beginning, we’ve been inspired by everything women and girls are capable of, whether they’re serious athletes or just getting into fitness. We create versatile premium performance apparel designed for a life in motion. Challenge fuels us and we are always reaching for the amazing.We’re looking for people who find inspiration in the same things we do: the limitless potential of women and girls everywhere. If you share our passion for a healthy, active lifestyle, personal growth, innovative product and creating rewarding experiences – join our community. Athleta is a certified B Corp – put simply we put people and planet right up there with profit and we’re committed to using business as a force for good.Alone we are strong, united we thrive. Together, we create the Power of She.
The role of the Inventory Management team is to manage the financial success of one or more categories by meeting sales, gross margin, and inventory productivity goals. The IM Manager develops and drives inventory strategies to maximize business opportunities and mitigate risks in partnership with IM Planners, cross-channel and cross-functional teams.
- Collaboration and Influencing
- Strategic Orientation
- Learning Agility
- Responsible for delivering company sales, gross margin and inventory productivity goals.
- Develop omni-channel point-of-view and communicate financial results, forecasts, and action plans to cross-functional team.
- Identify key opportunities to drive in season sales and seasonal product investments.
- Analyze financial performance of pre-season strategies and recommend strategic business shifts as required.
- Manage omni-channel preseason buy planning process, including key milestones and deadlines, purchase order consolidation and opportunities to leverage pipeline while ensuring channel priorities are achieved.
- Find opportunities to improve efficiencies and grow revenue.
- Coach and train planners to identify key learnings and develop future strategies.
- Communicate timelines, standards and performance expectations to direct reports in a timely manner.
- Set priorities, foster teamwork and set expectations for direct reports.
- Thrive in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment with shifting priorities.
- Ability to successfully balance both quantitative and qualitative information when recommending appropriate strategies and tactics.
- Collaborate with appropriate business partners to establish priorities and allocate resources.
- Ensure clear roles and responsibilities are established to avoid duplication of efforts.
- Communicate effectively and clearly, reflecting an appropriate sense of urgency to all levels of management.
- Experience managing a large scope of responsibility and cross-functional business partners.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- 5-7 years of retail buying, planning or equivalent experience
- Prior experience managing direct reports
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.*
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.