The Marketing department of IRONMAN is tasked with generating and converting demand for IRONMAN’s portfolio of endurance events, affiliated brands and products, creating value for customers, and profitable growth strategies for the business.
Positioned within the Global Team, the Marketing Manager is responsible for designing and implementing strategic marketing campaigns and programs that result in delivery of participant registrations against budgeted attendance targets. To create quality, engaging communications that both enhance the athlete experience and grow the positive impact of the brands.
To be successful, this position must consider athlete trends and global nuances to build strong relationships and create effective programs.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Global Marketing Programs, Brands and Customer Experience, the post holder will be an innovative and results-driven individual who will collaborate with numerous stakeholders, internationally.
IRONMAN is an inclusive, dynamic workplace. We are looking to partner with individuals who like to roll up their sleeves, get creative, be passionate and find solutions to help meet or exceed all objectives.
- Develop strong relationships with Regional Marketing Teams
- Use initiative and problem solving skills to anticipate potential challenges and provide appropriate resolution, recruiting and informing appropriate stakeholders as required.
- Maintain sufficient notes and documentation to enable historical information recording and sharing
- Use and request research and analysis to inform decisions
- Support Global Marketing team on Campaign, Programs, Brands and Licensee aspects as required
- Contribute towards a global marketing calendar by brand
- Contribute towards marketing strategies for key world class events including IRONMAN World Championship
- Create comprehensive, strategic marketing plans which successfully meet volume and profitability targets
- Manage program implementation in partnership with the wider/ regional marketing departments and in collaboration with event operations staff and regional stakeholders.
- Adapt Series/ Brand product offerings or messages so that they resonate with customers in specific locales.
- Manage related program expenditure and budgets.
- Work closely with functional leads within the regional and Global Marketing teams and Regional Operations teams to:
o Monitor current and historical deployment of marketing channels such as email, print, out of home, digital and grassroots marketing to identify trends and synthesize new ideas into marketing plans and event executions.
o Take ownership of marketing objectives and make recommendations on the allocation of budgets and activities to meet registration and participant satisfaction goals.
· Clearly articulate and report on status of marketing campaigns and brand market position using data and analytics to substantiate.
- Develop a keen understanding of regional and local markets, using firsthand observation, quantitative and qualitative data about the industry, consumers, places and categories.
- Seek opportunities for brand marketing, lead generation and athlete development in collaboration with the broader marketing team.
- Contribute towards the creation of long-standing marketing programs that deliver lasting effect and benefit to athletes
- Implement in partnership with stakeholders
- Monitor and assess success
- Provide recommendations for revisions and localized variation as required
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3 – 8 years marketing experience
- A passion for an active lifestyle is a plus
- Ability to work some weekends and non-traditional hours
- Ability to travel 25%+
· Multi touchpoint campaign implementation and management
· Project leadership
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Data-insight driven
· Teamwork and collaboration
· Strong self-motivation
· Ability to work independently
· Mass marketing experience
· Experience delivering a project against clear metrics
- A global mindset
- Excellent strategic and analytical thinking capability
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills, with the ability to advocate for change in any environment among peers, managers, executives, and outside partners
- Superior time management and prioritization skills, with the ability to fluidly transition between managing the work of others and being an individual contributor
Possess a goal-oriented approach, with the desire and capability to track activities to business metrics and an overall plan. The successful candidate has a demonstrated desire to conceptualize, execute, and report on complex integrated marketing programs