Tough Mudder’s mission is to grow a global tribe that lives courage, personal accomplishment, teamwork, and fun. From day one, we’ve built a culture to reflect that philosophy, bringing on quirky people who are great at what they do and passionate about our events and customers. Together we have created a company that has become a movement. We have had over 3 million people participate in 175+ events around the globe, and opened international offices in the US and, UK. The opportunity ahead of us is vast, and we continue to look for the best and brightest to join the team.
Tough Mudder’s flagship U.S. office is located in downtown Brooklyn, arguably the creative capital of New York City. Joining our team offers a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for those dedicated few who share the goal of delivering great experiences for our participants. We’re on the lookout for people who want more than a job or even a career – they want to help build a company that changes the lives of millions of people for the better. As a member of TMHQ, you’ll be given an opportunity to push your boundaries and find out what you’re capable of, to work with and learn from incredibly smart colleagues, and to enjoy the journey of building a world-class company.
Sound like something you can get on board with?
Tough Mudder’s Customer Support is the central touch point we communicate, engage and develop relationships with our customers. We have a passionate customer base that we engage with daily. Through these interactions, we not only develop relationships with the Mudder Community, but also learn more about what our customers want and expect from Tough Mudder. These key insights are critical to the customer’s experience, and to our successful growth as an organization.
We are looking for a smart, highly engaging, customer experience obsessed person to work with the Mudder Services team at Tough Mudder.
The job involves day-to-day support of thousands of customers globally, ensuring that each customer is prepared for event day. This includes mission-critical online components of the Tough Mudder experience, both before and after the event.
Our Mudder Services team has the opportunity to engage with customers as they participate in a life-changing experience, while learning the key drivers of a customer’s engagement with our product and our company.
- Support customers in all registration and event-related questions
- Respond to customers via email, phone and chat
- Evaluate customer feedback and developing alternative solutions
- Develop insights on common customer pain points and/or interests
- Understand customer drivers to participation and implementing new ways to improve their experience
- Travel to 4-6 events to provide onsite support
- Highly organized and detailed approach to work
- Strong written & verbal communication skills to convey on-brand, personalized messages to customers
- Ability to handle high-stress situations on a daily basis
- Expedient & prompt problem solving skills
- Innate sense of the importance of customer sentiment and care
- Social media guru
- Tech savvy
- Bachelor’s degree
- Prior customer services or sales experience, ideally in a sports or events property
Tough Mudder is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.