About the Company
We believe yoga is for everybody and it is our mission to help people lead healthier lives by helping people connect their minds and their bodies to center themselves and achieve a sense of calm. Our highly trained, passionate teachers and staff make yoga accessible to people of all ages and abilities in an inclusive and non-judgmental environment that is community-oriented. Our first studio opened 30 years ago and we are expanding, primarily through the acquisition of new studios. To help fund our growth, we completed an initial public offering and are the first yoga instruction to be publicly traded (NASDAQ: YOGA). We are a people-oriented business and offer students an amazing service year-round. Corporate and regional teams support our studio teams who both deliver our unique, authentic, high quality experience and drive the important sales and marketing efforts that build our local communities. Additional programming of workshops, teacher training and our online video subscription service, MyYogaWorks.com, round out our offerings.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with and coordinate teachers, schedules, venues and equipment with colleagues (studio team, training team, programming, marketing, etc.) for all execution to ensure alignment of all business units.
- Oversee and ensure programs are a success from beginning to end, including securing transportation and welcoming all teachers as appropriate; overseeing event logistics (before, during and after); troubleshooting any issues at any time setting up for or during an event; etc.
- Utilize MINDBODY Online to load events, run reports and pull lists.
- Prepare Accounting, including a profit & loss sheet, at the conclusion of each event.
- Be knowledgeable about our other company products, programs and pricing (Studio memberships, MyYogaWorks, Retail, etc.)
- Any other tasks required to help company meet its goals.
- Assist with marketing strategy and execution as needed to deliver effective and efficient support for each program
- Work with internal and external resources as appropriate, make suggestions and decisions based on knowledge in the field and knowledge of what works best with different types of events, instructors, and for the most appropriate demographic(s) for any given program.
- Collaborate and strategize with team on marketing tactics such social media and newsletters.
- Produce event materials such as flyers, welcome letters, event plans, etc.
- Update all software and reporting systems with necessary information to share, track and measure all activities and programs.
Qualifications & Experience
- College degree preferred.
- 2 plus years of experience within a related field, preferably sales, marketing and/or production related.
- Proven experience developing and maintaining relationships.
- Must be a graduate of a 200-hr Teacher Training program. Graduate of a 500-hour program preferred.
- Familiarity and general knowledge of with the Yoga community, brand/product offering and the practice of yoga.
- Highly energetic, positive and enthusiastic team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter with a high level of initiative and strong sense of ownership and urgency.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment, often with changing priorities
- Proactive problem solver; detail-oriented, self-motivated
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Familiarity with MINDBODY Online
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel/Word and Google Applications (Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc)
This position has no direct reports.
This position works in our corporate office but may visit studios. Not all locations have elevators or offer physically-disabled access. The role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Employee must be able to work hours that exceed 8 hours per day and/or 20 hours per week including nights and weekends, especially during peak activity periods as approved by manager.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit or stand for up to 4 hours at a time; use hands to finger, handle, reach or feel and talk or hear. The employee is sometimes required to bend, lift and occasionally carry items up to 20 pounds. This job often requires climbing staircases as elevators are not present at all locations.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and ability to adjust and focus.
- Must be able to hear and speak effectively in English.