GENERAL SUMMARY: The Operations Manager (OM) is to ensure that members receive exceptional service from a happy, friendly staff in a clean and well-maintained facility. OM’s are also responsible for hiring, training and supervising all front desk, kids club, janitorial, juice bar and maintenance technicians. This role is also responsible to resolve all membership issues, update past due accounts, manage payroll and supply budgets; while upholding all company standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for hitting a monthly Operations Revenue goals, including Retail, Supplements, Juice bar and Non-Commissioned Revenue. Also, responsible for hitting and growing their clubs monthly dues tap.
- Major emphasis is to support member retention by advocating for the best member experiences and operational processes in the club.
- Hires, trains and develops a strong operational team. This includes all departments, front desk, kids club, juice bar and janitorial.
- Maintain a clean and safe facility for all members and team members; checking that the facilities equipment is well-maintained.
- Ensure team members always executes the basics in friendliness, cleanliness, punctuality and in dress code.
- Resolve member concerns and complaints in a professional manner within UFC Gym corporate and club parameters.
- Monitor club facilities for appearance and equipment and resolve or escalate issues that detract from the member experience. Assist in providing direction to janitorial service.
- Instill a sense of common responsibility and teamwork across club functions to improve the member and team member experience.
- Responsible for bill collecting on members electronic funds transfer (EFT) dues as well as making phone calls for past due members and members with invalid credit cards.
- Ensure that retail is optimally merchandised and displayed and that merchandise transfers take place according to company policy and procedure.
- Follow-up with compliance checks by monitoring club systems and employee performance.
- Ensure that systems procedures are accurately followed: proper POS procedure, desk set up, File Organization, Member Check-in, Class Check-in, Telephone Inquiry, Guest Registration, cash handling and member ID Cards
- Maintain an efficient ‘back office.’
- Make daily banking deposits Monday — Friday.
- Order and maintain all supplies.
- Supervise point-of-sales (POS) operations and file daily and weekly club revenue reports.
- Responsible for proper inventory receiving and inventory control activities per company guidelines. Prepare inventory reports.
ORGANIZATION RELATIONSHIPS: The Operations Manager will be working reports directly to the VP of Operations with a dotted line reporting structure to the VP of Sales and VP of Fitness. The Assistant Operations Manager, Merchandising Supervisor, Juice Bar Lead, Kids Club Lead, Front Desk and Kids Club Attendants report directly to the Operations Manager.
1) Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Highly organized and willing to take leadership responsibilities regardless of situation.
- Must possess strong oral, presentation and written communication skills and thrive in a fast paced environment.
- Must be highly motivated
- An understanding of food & beverage operations
- Must be able to work days, evenings, and weekends if necessary
2) Minimum certifications/educational level:
- Experience in Food and beverage service is preferred
- Experience in a health club or the hospitability industry preferred.
- Serve Safe or Food Handlers Card must be obtained within the first 30 days of hire
- Current CPR/AED certification
3) Physical Requirements:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to stand for up to 7 hours a day.
- Must be able to lift and carry 20-30lbs
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.