Job Title: Recruiter
Reports to: SVP, People & Culture
Status: Full Time
Last updated: April 2018
About the Company
We believe yoga is for everybody and it is our mission to help people lead healthier lives by helping people connect their minds and their bodies to center themselves and achieve a sense of calm. Our highly trained, passionate teachers and staff make yoga accessible to people of all ages and abilities in an inclusive and non-judgmental environment that is community-oriented. Our first studio opened 30 years ago and we are expanding, primarily through the acquisition of new studios. To help fund our growth, we completed an initial public offering and are the first yoga instruction to be publicly traded (NASDAQ: YOGA). We are a people-oriented business and offer students an amazing service year-round. Corporate and regional teams support our studio teams who both deliver our unique, authentic, high quality experience and drive the important sales and marketing efforts that build our local communities. Additional programming of workshops, teacher training and our online video subscription service, MyYogaWorks.com, round out our offering.
About the Role
The Recruiter is responsible for managing the flow of candidates through the recruitment process and assisting with talent sourcing and selection. This is a full-time, exempt position, reporting to the SVP, People & Culture.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for recruiting and filling open position using the Applicant Tracking System (ATS) which includes:
- Open jobs for posting
- Conduct phone screens, recommend candidates for positions and set-up interviews with the hiring manager
- Source candidates using job boards, employee referrals, and online databases to recruit qualified candidates
- Generate reports through the ATS as needed
- Responsible for conducting background, reference and employment verification checks
- Ensure applicants have a smooth, timely, consistent and positive experience with the company through the applicant process
- Manage the employee referral program (ERP)
- Oversee internal company newsletter
- Drive company culture by coordinating events, activities, etc.
- Train managers on using the ATS (Ulti-Pro) to view and rate candidates and the recruiting process
- Manage recruiting brand on social media (Glassdoor, YW Careers Page, Instagram, etc).
- Work with SVP, People & Culture to develop recruiting strategies designed to attract top talent that is aligned with company’s mission and core values.
- Create recruiting materials (studio and job fair flyers, social banners, etc.)
- Attend and represent the company at job fairs, college career fairs and recruiting events
- Work with the HR Specialist to initiate the on-boarding process.
- Provide TA Metrics for recruiting department and analysis areas where we could do better and why.
- Ad hoc projects as needed
- Any other tasks that may be assigned to help the company meet its goals.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2-3 years of recruitment experience
- Highly energetic, positive and enthusiastic team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter with a high level of initiative and strong sense of ownership and urgency, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and function in a fast-paced environment, often with changing priorities
- Proactive problem solver; detail-oriented, self motivated
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Publisher and Word
- Complimentary unlimited YogaWorks membership
- Complimentary MyYogaWorks Online Membership with over 1,000 classes ranging from 10 minutes to 1 hour
- Discount on studio retail
- Discount on workshops and Teacher Trainings
- Paid Vacation Days, Holidays and Sick Time
- Competitive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision and 401K
- Bring your dog to work
- Casual dress
Ultimate Hoops Regional Coordinator at Life Time Fitness – Chanhassen, MNLife Time Fitness Life Time champions a healthy and happy life for its members across 138 destinations in 38 major markets in the U.S. and Canada. As the nation’s only Healthy Way of Life brand, Life Time delivers an unmatched athletic resort experience and provides a comprehensive healthy living, healthy aging and healthy entertainment experience that goes well beyond fitness to encompass the entire spectrum of daily life for individuals, couples and families of all ages. Life Time destinations across the U.S. and Canada offer distinctive, branded programs and services including: personal and TEAM small group training, weight loss programming, Pilates, studio, cycle and yoga classes, tennis, racquetball and squash, swim programming and Ultimate Hoops basketball. Full-service LifeSpas, LifeCafe and LifeClinic Chiropractic offices are also located within Life Time.