The Regional Sales and Operations Manager (RSOM) will be responsible for ensuring operational excellence of the Orangetheory Fitness product at corporately owned OTF Studio locations within your designated region. The RSOM will oversee and provide leadership and daily direction to the OTF-S Management team and will work directly with them to reinforce sales and operations performance. The RSOM will be directly responsible for overseeing the hiring, training and developing of all studio staff at corporately owned studios, to include Studio Managers, Sales Associates and Fitness Team members.
The RSOM will work together with the OTF-S leadership team to lead the sales functions and work together with the Regional Fitness Manager to execute lead generation and marketing strategy plans to increase sales and promote the health of the facility. This leader must possess and apply a high caliber approach to coaching and staff development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Corporate-Owned Studios
• Oversee, support and Lead Studio Management, Sales and Fitness teams to exceed all membership and EBITDA goals
• Manage, monitor, coach/develop and evaluate the performance of managers and staff
• Work together with Studio Managers to properly manage and exceed all OTF sales goals
• Responsible for overseeing the sales process and systems with all staff. Lead and coordinate initial and ongoing sales drivers (studio events, outreach)
• Direct sales through company required outreach programs
• Monitor the recruiting, hiring, training and scheduling of OTF studio staff
• Assist Studios to build and maintain OTF class size through scheduling optimization
• Train and mentor employees for ongoing success and future growth
• Develop a high energy culture through contests and incentive based motivation
• Ensure Orangetheory branding through consistency and continuity in all actions
• Manage disciplinary actions involving all OTF studio employees with the assistance of the Human Resources Department
• Responsible for meeting performance metrics (KPI’s), revenue, ordering, inventory, payroll, cost controls and facilities maintenance
• Responsible for 90 Day Evaluation and annual OTF staff performance reviews
• Enforce OTF corporate policies, business practices, systems and processes
• Provide effective decision making regarding customer service issues
• Plan and promote special events for the studio on a monthly basis, using OTF tools for effective outreach and community involvement
• Responsible for ensuring that the facilities are clean, maintained and operationally sound
• Send weekly summary reports of Regional Management productivity
• Submit monthly schedule of visits and trainings prior to first of the month
• Ideal candidate must meet all qualifications to meet and exceed essential duties as listed above
• Bachelors Degree and 3-5 years of previous management experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Fitness industry experience preferred
The Regional Sales and Operations manager must demonstrate knowledge of a wide range of qualitative and/or quantitative methods for the development and management of major administrative programs, demonstrate analytical ability, and strong sales and leadership skills.
• Must be outgoing and high energy with the ability to motivate and train employees
• Must possess honesty, integrity, and accountability
• High level of self-motivation
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with ability to address/respond in a clear, concise, and respectful manner
• Customer service – responds promptly to studio needs, responds to requests for service and assistance, meets commitments and resolves member and staff issues completely
• Independent thinker, team player
• Excellent decision-making ability
• Project management – coordinates assigned task workflow, communicates changes and progress, completes projects on time
• High level of attention to detail
This job operates in a fitness studio environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines as well as various fitness equipment such as treadmills, rowers and weights. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
This position requires traveling between studios located in your region. Any required travel should be in the local area and within the regular business day.
3-5 years: Previous management experience