Aaptiv is the fastest growing mobile fitness product on the market with a community of over 200,000 members and is backed by leading venture capital firms and top companies, including the Amazon Alexa Fund and Disney.
About the Role
- Consistently deliver complex work that is well-baked and high quality. Your code should be a positive example for others on the team.
- Proactively identify problems with requirements (lack of clarity, inconsistencies, technical limitations) for your own work and adjacent work, and communicate these issues early to help course-correct
- Communicate technical decisions through design docs, tech talks, etc.
- Provide mentorship to junior engineers via pairing, design review, and code review
- Communicate effectively across functions and partner with Product to drive requirements
- Frequently and clearly communicate the status of what you’re working on and let your team know if that changes
- Approx. 5-7 years of experience as a software engineer
- Experience in Python
- Good knowledge of infrastructure, build systems, and version control, including Jenkins/CircleCI and git
- You understand and make well-reasoned design decisions and tradeoffs
- You can independently break down work for a project and require minimal direction
- You are persistent in the face of roadblocks; you dispatch them efficiently, pulling in others as necessary
- You take the initiative to fix issues before being assigned them
- You avoid going down rabbit holes and stay focused on the task at hand
- You possess empathy with the user of the software you’re producing and you use that empathy to guide decision-making
It is the policy of Aaptiv to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Aaptiv will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.