About Daily Burn
DailyBurn.com is a leading online health and fitness tech brand delivering high-quality subscription mobile, video & audio workout programs to help members reach their fitness goals. Daily Burn brings fitness to members, anytime, anywhere through its streaming and mobile workouts in a variety of disciplines from running and high-intensity cardio to yoga and strength training. Daily Burn’s elite group of trainers provide specialized expertise to members through a best-in-class library of workouts ranging from beginner to advanced, as well as a daily live-streamed show. From mobile, laptop or TV, a great workout experience is only a tap away.
About Your Role
As the Senior Software Engineer, you’ll work with a cross-functional product development team to learn, grow, build and iterate to deliver great digital experiences for the fitness and health category, with an emphasis on the backend framework, micro-services, and billing components of our suite of products. You’ll have a love of writing great code, positive communication skills and a motivation to help our customers succeed with fitness and improve their overall health. You’ll play a critical role in our efforts to improve our current service, as well as design/build any tools or systems needed to support them.
This position is an exciting opportunity for candidates with an entrepreneurial mindset who want to work on meaningful products that positively impact the lives of millions. The role is based in our New York, NY office.
- Ensure on-time, on spec deliverables Establish project timeline and ensure the individual tasks are completed to closure.
- Architect, design, develop, and test code within the project timeline.
- Interface cross-functionally, as needed, with the front end development team, Creative, Product, Customer Success, Business Development and Marketing teams to secure world-class product delivery to our customer.
- Improve existing product quality and performance with tuning and optimizations
- Identify, analyze, report risks/problems and recommend best practice solutions
- Design and build backend APIs for a variety of client applications. Build and improve internal operational tools.
- Contribute to the technical understanding and promotion of new and existing standard and solutions. Define and pursue initiatives to improve software quality and team productivity.
- Self-motivated full stack engineer
- Experience architecting, developing, and delivering “enterprise” level scalable applications. Full life-cycle including monitoring and instrumentation.
- Strong personal project management skills (must be deliverable oriented, deliver projects and tasks on-time and on-spec, communicates effectively with sub team).
- Deep understanding of software architecture
- Extensive experience with golang, PHP, and/or ruby
- Management experience (of any kind) preferred
- Fearless debugging and problem-solving skills anywhere in the stack.
- Proficiency with AWS or GCP
- Working understanding of NGINX or Apache
- MySQL or PostgreSQL querying experience preferred
- Experience with distributed systems
- Highly analytical with a focus on business intelligence to drive decisions
- Excellent communicator and a ‘leave it better than you found it’ attitude
- Notable experiences in mobile development, video streaming, health and fitness, subscription products are all a plus
- Bonus: DevOps experience and familiarity with 12-factor app methodology