Aaptiv is the fastest growing mobile fitness product on the market with a community of over 200,000 members and is backed by leading venture capital firms and top companies, including the Amazon Alexa Fund and Disney.
With a mission to empower everyone to live a healthier life, Aaptiv has transformed the way people exercise and train through its innovative audio fitness classes. Every Aaptiv class combines the guiding voice of an expert Aaptiv trainer with motivating music by top artists in every genre. Aaptiv members have unlimited, on-demand access to over 2,500 classes and structured programs across every type of exercise and a wide variety of activities, including running, strength-training, yoga, indoor cycling, meditation, and more.
Want to join Team Aaptiv? We’re looking for team members who are passionate about building a world-class fitness experience. There are over 80 million Americans who value fitness – and we believe every one of them should be an Aaptiv user.
About the role
What You’ll Do
- Work closely with our mobile engineers to develop new features. You will agree on the API contract and figure out the best way to implement it, all the way from the endpoints to the underlying data model.
- Break down large projects into vertical slices of work and estimate them.
- Collaborate with engineers, product managers and designers to determine the best solution for the problems we’re trying to solve.
- Use automated testing, monitoring and alerting to ensure your services work the way they’re supposed to and when they don’t, you’re aware of it.
Who You Are
- 4+ years of professional software engineering experience on large-scale applications.
- Experience designing, building, deploying, monitoring and testing services.
- Experience building services with Python or Node.js. We write our services with Python/Flask and some of our older services use Node/Express.
- Experience working with relational databases.
- You value code quality, but understand that perfection is not the goal. More importantly, you know when it’s appropriate to make tradeoffs.
- You are always willing to pitch in to help your team no matter what the task may be.
- Experience working as part of an engineering team using git and taking part in code reviews.