Aaptiv is the fastest growing mobile fitness product on the market with a community of over 200,000 members and is backed by leading venture capital firms and top companies, including the Amazon Alexa Fund and Disney.
With a mission to empower everyone to live a healthier life, Aaptiv has transformed the way people exercise and train through its innovative audio fitness classes. Every Aaptiv class combines the guiding voice of an expert Aaptiv trainer with motivating music by top artists in every genre. Aaptiv members have unlimited, on-demand access to over 2,500 classes and structured programs across every type of exercise and a wide variety of activities, including running, strength-training, yoga, indoor cycling, meditation, and more.
Want to join Team Aaptiv? We’re looking for team members who are passionate about building a world-class fitness experience. There are over 80 million Americans who value fitness – and we believe every one of them should be an Aaptiv user.
About the Role
What You’ll Do
- Develop highly performing and scalable distributed services for search, content discovery, and recommendation
- Define and implement the core search indices and corresponding data pipeline for data synchronization
- Identify search relevancy challenges and opportunities based on real search sessions, come up with ideas for algorithmic solutions, and experiment
- Explore, identify, and implement new features or attributes from all various data sources to improve the robustness and accuracy of the prediction/relevancy model
- Come up with ideas and create tools for experimenting and evaluating the quality of search/recommendation services or algorithms
- Help improve applications automation and monitoring throughout the system
- Write clean, portable, and well-documented code
- 5+ years of experience working on an information retrieval system at scale
- Mastery in any of these server-side programming languages: Java, Scala, C# or Python
- Expertise in AWS or equivalent IaaS, microservice architectures, and big data applications
- Decent partial experience with ElasticSearch / Lucene / Solr and strong understanding of indexing, search, information retrieval and relevance fundamentals
- Solid understanding of API design
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work across many teams
- Experience working with Spark / MLlib / Hadoop is a plus
- Experience working with Machine Learning or Natural Language Processing (NLP) is a plus
It is the policy of Aaptiv to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Aaptiv will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.