Barry’s is seeking candidates for the position of Senior Studio Design Manager to work in our Los Angeles office. The ideal candidate will be a creative and self motivated professional committed to achieving design excellence. We seek a team oriented individual with a balance of design ability, communication skills, technical knowledge, and leadership qualities.
Reports to: Director of Design
Location: Los Angeles
Type: Full Time
- Lead the management and design for all corporate and franchise studios
- Conceptualize, design and develop the Barry’s experience from initial inspiration through studio opening, new and renovation projects
- Oversee architects, consultants and outside vendors to help develop the studio environments
- Responsible for the initial AutoCad layout, managing the completions and ensuring the integrity of all architectural drawings
- Assist in all aspects of the design process from initial test fit, through construction feasibility and punch list
- Help with the development and enhance the creative direction for new studio concepts
- Lead and partner with both internal and external team members to ensure successful projects
Company Culture Responsibilities
- Work to uphold Barry’s community and culture standards, and live the company mission, vision, and values daily.
- Represent the Barry’s brand within the studio and throughout the LA fitness community.
- Assist in participating in and enhancing the community with your studio and regional teams.
- A degree from an accredited school of Architecture, Interior Design or Interior Architecture
- 5+ years of experience in the retail, fitness or restaurant design industry
- Advanced AutoCad, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and to effectively contribute to all phases of design, programming through construction administration
- Experience in customization of architectural and finish materials (FF&E & millwork)
- Ability to read and review site survey/feasibility reports
- Ability to work independently, manage goals and deadlines
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Detail oriented, team player, self-starter and able to work in a fast-paced environment