Since the beginning, we’ve been inspired by everything women and girls are capable of, whether they’re serious athletes or just getting into fitness. We create versatile premium performance apparel designed for a life in motion. Challenge fuels us and we are always reaching for the amazing.
We’re looking for people who find inspiration in the same things we do: the limitless potential of women and girls everywhere. If you share our passion for a healthy, active lifestyle, personal growth, innovative product and creating rewarding experiences – join our community. Athleta is a certified B Corp – put simply we put people and planet right up there with profit and we’re committed to using business as a force for good.
Alone we are strong, united we thrive. Together, we create the Power of She.
- Customer Impact
- Strategic Orientation
- Drives Results
- Collaboration & Influencing
- Contributing member and/or leader of a high performing team to drive the omni merchandising strategies on the website to support both the needs of the Brand and the unique needs of the Direct channel and customer.
- Develops strong internal cross-functional relationships within Athleta and across Gap Inc. not limited to merchandising, inventory planning and marketing
- Inspires and/or leads functional team to remain; product obsessed, customer-focused, innovative, fast-moving and team-oriented
- Drive category growth through diversity of messaging, online exclusives, channel extensions, and visual sorting and merchandising.
- Understand product trends, historical data, and macro environment trends to help plan and explain business performance.
- Understand competitive environment; proactively seek market knowledge through exposure to competitive retail outlets.
- Partner with Product Merchants and Inventory Planning to ensure the online assortment & buying strategies meet the channel’s financial and customer goals during the pre-season product pipeline process.
- Understand seasonal big ideas and investments associated with each idea.
- Provide information to influence online exclusive assortments that are commercially viable and provide exciting site experience.
- Represent the Web Merchandising organization during the pre-season marketing pipeline process to ensure the Marketing and Creative teams are clear on the marketing, photography, and copy needs of the channel to ensure that product strategies are marketed at the right place at the right time.
- Report on weekly and seasonal basis performance, taking into account business trends, customer insights, and macro trends.
- Based on business performance partner with team and key cross functional partners, marketing, product merchandising, creative, editorial, and inventory planning, to optimize the web experience including but not limited to new product photography needs, updated copy, new assorting strategies, and new marketing asset needs.
- Provide regular feedback to web merchandising team based on financial performance, competitive benchmarking, and marketplace trends to educate the team and to help optimize the site experience in the future.
- Demonstrate a confident voice and point of view about product assortment and business opportunities.
- Demonstrate strong teamwork skills through developing relations with and influencing cross-functional teams.
- Experience in effective communication of issues, timeline delays, and best practices to cross-functional teams.
- Maintain a cooperative team environment that promotes high performance standards and attainment of goals
- Proactive, curious, strong attention to detail & accuracy, effective time management skills, strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate the organizational ability to facilitate multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate ability to efficiently manage a broad scope of product categories.
- Demonstrate ability to manage both up and down, think big picture and understand how to execute.
- Possess a strong working knowledge of financial measurements.
- Demonstrate strong listening, verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 5-7 years of retail merchandising experience ideally in the ecommerce apparel space.
- Experience as a Senior Merchandiser or equivalent
- Experience as a manager of others
- Strong analytical skills
- Customer oriented
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.*
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees