Since the beginning, we’ve been inspired by everything women and girls are capable of, whether they’re serious athletes or just getting into fitness. We create versatile premium performance apparel designed for a life in motion. Challenge fuels us and we are always reaching for the amazing.
We’re looking for people who find inspiration in the same things we do: the limitless potential of women and girls everywhere. If you share our passion for a healthy, active lifestyle, personal growth, innovative product and creating rewarding experiences – join our community. Athleta is a certified B Corp – put simply we put people and planet right up there with profit and we’re committed to using business as a force for good.
Alone we are strong, united we thrive. Together, we create the Power of She.
- Have an elevated sense of style and aesthetic with a continual pulse on current and relevant market trends and emerging technology
- Expertise in understanding of physical fit; evaluation of body size, shape and the relationship of clothing on the target body
- Recommend fabric silhouette compatibility that ensures execution of design intent
- Collaborate with business partners to gain clear direction and consensus of fit intent
- Research, analyze and conduct competitive deep-dive fittings providing learnings and recommendations at style/category level on fit, sizing and construction
- Ensure size and fit consistency within the brand and across product categories
- Lead fit session on live model or mannequin
- Effectively communicate design’s fit intent to vendors for bulk production while maintaining corporate standards
- Identify potential production, quality and costing issues and make recommendations to ensure brand integrity
- Evaluate garment to ensure global compliance of spec and construction
- Strive for continual improvement that drives product and process enhancements
- Identify and proactively engage supervisor and Business Partners when issues arise
- Track and manage workflow and workload for own product and ensure product areas are maintained with cross-functional team; gather information and update all reports necessary for meeting
- Meet seasonal and Brand deadlines
- Participate in departmental and cross-functional meetings as appropriate
- Foster an open communication and team environment with all business partners
- Build and develop technical skills of direct report, if applicable
- Hold self and others accountable for work commitments and outcomes
- May include international travel up to 2 times per year
- AA or Certification in Apparel Manufacturing, Design, Patternmaking or equivalent
- 5+ years’ experience in the Apparel Industry including patternmaking and construction experience with full knowledge of total production timeline
- 2+ years’ of people management experience
- Mastery in fit and patterning making – including grading and construction manufacturing methods for multiple product types, categories and divisions
- Proven track record of driving results through self and others
- Ability to proactively trouble shoot and problem solve
- Superior organizational skills with ability to multi task
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to interface regularly with senior/executive leadership
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with ability to effectively influence
- Excellent computer skills – PLM, Illustrator, Photoshop, Gerber, Lectra, Optitex, Microsoft Office Suite
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.*
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees