Since the beginning, we’ve been inspired by everything women and girls are capable of, whether they’re serious athletes or just getting into fitness. We create versatile premium performance apparel designed for a life in motion. Challenge fuels us and we are always reaching for the amazing.
We’re looking for people who find inspiration in the same things we do: the limitless potential of women and girls everywhere. If you share our passion for a healthy, active lifestyle, personal growth, innovative product and creating rewarding experiences – join our community. Athleta is a certified B Corp – put simply we put people and planet right up there with profit and we’re committed to using business as a force for good.
Alone we are strong, united we thrive. Together, we create the Power of She.
As a Stock Associate at Athleta, you act as a field representative and brand advocate. You are part of the store environment in a way that engages, motivates, and inspires a customer-centric culture. Your role supports team focus on operational excellence, while also contributing, supporting, and executing the store vision and strategies. You embrace learning agility by demonstrating your desire to learn and change with a growth mindset by seeking new information, ideas, experiences, and self-awareness. You report directly to the General Manager and play a role in offering recommendations that support the overall health and success of the business.
- You consistently treat everyone with respect and contribute to a safe and positive work environment.
- You help to support the store to be operationally sound. This includes, but not limited to;
- Supports the execution of shipment and receiving processes to floor ready standards. Works with team to implement shipment processes that maximize store efficiencies.
- Execute sales floor replenishment is per company guidelines.
- Performs transfers of damaged and defective merchandise, completes re-tickets, and online orders according to Merchandise Handling Manual. Executes on transfer protocol to maintain operational excellence.
- Support in the execution of all Omni initiatives on the store level; Online Orders (Ship from Store), Online Reservations (Reserve in Store). Meets or exceeds brand goals for these programs.
- Executes markdowns in a timely and accurate manner.
- Supports stock room compliance with all SCA (Store Compliance Audit) controls.
- Upholds all Loss Prevention policies as it relates to stock room standards; communicates violations to General Manager.
- As a Stock Associate, you model brand image and achieve priorities in store, with customer as the primary focus.
- You ensure consistent execution of marketing, visual standards and presentation to promote sales.
- You take daily direction from the Core leader and collaborate effectively with employees.
- You demonstrate a “can do” attitude, with drive and passion to be knowledgeable on product features and benefits, current initiatives, and business goals.
- Your previous experience has allowed you to develop your problem-solving, effective communication & relationship building skills.
- You have experience in a customer-facing role and thrive in customer centric environments.
- Your previous experience in retail is a plus.
- Availability to meet the current needs of the business inclusive of high traffic and peak sales volume days.
- Availability to support the duties assigned to the role.
- Ability to lift and carry 30lbs.
- Ability to maneuver around sales floor, back room and office areas.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.*
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.