This position is primarily responsible for leading in the production of the travel arrangements for many events throughout the season, which includes IRONMAN, IRONMAN 70.3, Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon and non-series events. Specific travel arrangements include staff rooming lists, booking flights and rental cars, distribution of travel arrangements, billing for all expenses, managing per diem payments, and assisting as needed.
1. Oversee the collection and consolidation of specific event staffing travel needs for event types.
2. Confirm travel arrangements, to include hotel and transportation, per diem, & rentals with all travelers.
3. Ensure that air, hotel and transportation arrangements are made for employees and guests efficiently and in compliance with travel and company policies and procedures.
4. Work with Regional/Race Director’s to accommodate specific event travel needs.
5. Plan non-event travel related functions/conferences.
6. Keep the manager informed of any ongoing, unresolved travel issues.
7. Investigate and resolve travel issues associated with processing of travel requests.
8. Assist in writing & review hotel contracts for staff and athlete blocks nationwide.
9. Maintain availability to respond to traveling staff issues during off hours including nights & weekends.
a. Respond to staff member’s travel inquiries/issues in a timely manner.
Education and work experience:
1. Bachelor’s degree in Management, Business or related field.
2. One to two years of related experience and/or training.
Skills and knowledge:
1. Excellent organizational and interpersonal communication.
2. Clear and conceptual thinking ability is a plus.
3. Excellent judgment and discretion; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously, meet deadlines, and handle work-related stress is required.
4. Friendly, courteous, service-oriented, professional, outgoing, and customer service oriented.
5. Remain calm and professional under pressure.
6. Detail-oriented and work effectively under pressure while meeting all applicable deadlines.
7. Ability to work independently and productively with minimum supervision.
8. Recognize problems, identify possible causes and resolve routine problems.
9. Ability to establish and maintain professional atmosphere for employees, clients and customers.