Since the beginning, we’ve been inspired by everything women and girls are capable of, whether they’re serious athletes or just getting into fitness. We create versatile premium performance apparel designed for a life in motion. Challenge fuels us and we are always reaching for the amazing.
We’re looking for people who find inspiration in the same things we do: the limitless potential of women and girls everywhere. If you share our passion for a healthy, active lifestyle, personal growth, innovative product and creating rewarding experiences – join our community. Athleta is a certified B Corp – put simply we put people and planet right up there with profit and we’re committed to using business as a force for good.
Alone we are strong, united we thrive. Together, we create the Power of She.
The Visual Merchandising / Assistant Manager is a brand consumer and brand advocate for Athleta Retail Stores. The role supports the General Manager in driving an innovative, amazing customer experience in an effort to operate sales profitably. The Athleta Visual Merchandising / Assistant Manager serves as an important field representative on the brand’s cross-functional team, partnering with the GM to execute on merchandise product lines, brand marketing messages, and key assortment plans, while helping to develop and execute a brand-right customer service experience that exceeds expectations and sets Athleta apart from the competition. The manager is responsible for translating the business plans and strategies developed by the General Manager into day-to-day implementation plans and actions for teams.
This role assesses customer experience feedback and ensures the development of action plans for improvement, to address concerns, and maintain a consistently compelling, innovative experience that delights our customer and consistently exceeds her expectations. The GM models and can clearly articulate the Athleta vision and strategy to store team in a way that engages, motivates, and inspires a customer-centric culture.
- Ability to gain insight from multiple sources and pro-actively problem solve to create new opportunities
Embraces change and the opportunity to try new ideas and processes to reach company goals and positively impact store staff and environment
- A strong desire and drive to bring the Brand to life in store
- Drive for results in all company initiatives
- Provides direction and appropriate feedback to support collaboration and productivity
- Passion for coaching and developing store team to create a positive environment and shopping experience for the customer
VISUAL MERCHANDISING ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Product Pipeline, Asset and Supply Management
- Visual Execution
- Mapping, planning and timely execution of monthly sets in partnership with the General Manager
- Resolve store specific merchandising opportunities that require adaptions based on store architecture, inventory levels and business trends.
- Ensures that all brand concepts are represented per company direction
- Merchandise Operations
- Replenishment, shipment receiving and processing, backstocking, markdowns
- Talent Builder:
- Supports the General Manager with hiring, training and developing a Visual Team
- Educates store team on standards, presentation and merchandise handling
- Collaborate with General Manager to integrate both operational and visual objectives
- Effectively manages time in order to complete all tasks in a timely manner
- Clearly communicates visual successes and opportunities to the General Manager and provides feedback and ideas on current floor sets, tools and strategies
- Drive a fun, exciting and rewarding culture within the store team that embodies the Athleta brand values
- Communicate with General Manager any merchandise and inventory opportunities
- Ensure company policies and procedures are followed
ASSISTANT MANAGER ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Implements action plans to improve key performance indicators to maximize business
Partners with GM to drive store employee talent attraction and retention efforts to drive maximum employee engagement
Responsible for hiring and recruiting of store employees
Provides on-the-job training to new employees
Assesses the effectiveness of the team, and provides the appropriate level of coaching performance feedback
Provides regular check-ins and on-going coaching/development for employees
Creates, reviews and adjust schedules to ensure appropriate staffing levels to deliver the customer experience
Ensures desired brand experience is being fostered in store through individual and team customer interactions
Promotes community involvement to drive brand awareness and loyalty, partnering with marketing team in creating and executing community initiatives, events and promotions
Fosters customer centric culture by recognizing and rewarding team
Ensures optimal floor coverage to maximize customer engagement, selling and task completion based upon the payroll goal
Serves as leader on duty
Responsible for employee files and audit compliance
Creates and outstanding shopping experience bringing Athleta to life through this new expression of the brand (understands and leverages Call Center, catalog & online store)
Has a passion for delivering exceptional service everyday and inspires by example
Creates an inspiring shopping environment through effective merchandising capability, high in store standards and compelling visual presentation
Completes projects as assigned by General Manager
Responsible for store opening and closing procedures
This role may require a focus on one or more specialties including but not limited to visual merchandising, human resources, community involvement, inventory management
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Ability to establish & maintain effective relationships with employees and customers
- Possesses a strong character/ethical core – distinctly knows the difference between doing what is right vs. doing the right thing
- Ability to interact cooperatively and work as a team towards a common goal. Can communicate a compelling vision and manage successes and failings along the journey in a highly collaborative fashion
- Results driven – Inspires and motivates to exceed goals
- Skilled problem-solver – Applies rigorous logic & methods to solve ambiguous problems
- Effectively prioritizes and provides focus for self and team, with appropriate attention to detail
- Effective Communicator (verbal and written) – Clearly articulates point-of-view, adapts communication style to audience, listens and asks questions to solicit feedback, and disseminates information effectively
- Leads through coaching and motivation. Can build a winning team filled to achieve the same end-goal. Sets a compelling vision and manage successes and failings along the journey in a highly collaborative fashion.
- Demonstrates ability to build and maintain strong, business-oriented relationships with leaders at all levels.
- Possesses a strong visual merchandising sense; knows the power of styling to drive customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of in store systems, policy and procedure
- Minimum 3 years retail experience with emphasis on store operations and/or customer service
- College degree preferred
- Ability to travel as required
- Ability to work nights and weekends as appropriate to schedule requirements
- Ability to lift and carry 30lbs
- Ability to maneuver around sales floor, back room and office areas
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this job. It is not intended include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.*
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees