Aaptiv is the fastest growing mobile fitness product on the market with a community of over 200,000 members and is backed by leading venture capital firms and top companies, including the Amazon Alexa Fund and Disney.
With a mission to empower everyone to live a healthier life, Aaptiv has transformed the way people exercise and train through its innovative audio fitness classes. Every Aaptiv class combines the guiding voice of an expert Aaptiv trainer with motivating music by top artists in every genre. Aaptiv members have unlimited, on-demand access to over 2,500 classes and structured programs across every type of exercise and a wide variety of activities, including running, strength-training, yoga, indoor cycling, meditation, and more.
Want to join Team Aaptiv? We’re looking for team members who are passionate about building a world-class fitness experience. There are over 80 million Americans who value fitness – and we believe every one of them should be an Aaptiv user.
About the Role
At Aaptiv, we know great design and world class UX is at the forefront of an incredible customer experience. We are looking for a VP of UX with a strong track record and passion for solving design problems to work in close collaboration with talented developers, product managers, content creators and business owners. This individual will report to our CTO and lead our Product Design squad in producing engaging experiences across our platform. If working on a wide range of projects in a multidisciplinary environment sounds like the challenge you’re looking for, we would love to talk to you!
What You’ll Do
- Lead and mentor a team of UX/Product designers, while rolling up your sleeves to directly contribute in conceptualizing and producing designs
- Familiar with agile development practices as well as techniques to manage design consistency across multiple teams with embedded designers
- Drive a design centric culture and practices for product development that motivates the team to create compelling work
- Be the voice of the user by establishing and articulating a vision for UX focus on meeting our users’ needs
- Understand business needs, technology capabilities and competitive activities to productively collaborate on creating our product strategy
- Generate style guides, user journeys, information architectures, wireframes, prototypes, beautiful comps and other artifacts to support high velocity product delivery
- Advocate for data driven product and design decisions through continuous experimentation
Who You Are
- 10+ years designing and shipping mobile applications, visual and interaction design as well as creating interactive prototypes 5+ years of managing a high performing team; ability to attract, retain and develop top talent
- Ability to give and receive feedback, while working with business owners, product managers, developers, content creation and marketing functions
- Proven track record of a curiosity to understand how our users think and behave
- Proficiency in design best practices and the tools/automation that enables them
- College degree; BFA/MFA preferred
It is the policy of Aaptiv to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Aaptiv will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.