OUR STORY: In 2009 Brooklyn Boulders (also known as “BKB”) opened its first facility in an old newspaper factory in Brooklyn, NY. Since then, we’ve grown and evolved beyond what we even thought was possible. Inspired by climbing and community, we’re setting out to revolutionize the climbing and fitness industries by integrating them with unique art, culture, and entrepreneurship experiences.
We live and breathe our CORE VALUES. They’re what makes BKB…BKB!
GET WEIRD — Be yourself. BKB is your creative playground.
CO-CREATE — Trust your team. Results are stronger when we collaborate.
BE RELENTLESS — Attitude is everything.Take risks. Fall hard. Get back up.
MAKE IT BEAUTIFUL — Create something extraordinary. Be proud to share it. Never stop improving.
MAKE IT AN OPEN HOUSE PARTY — Encourage diversity and inclusion
WE ARE: Combining work, life, and play. We’re creating and fostering a diverse community of climbers, creatives, fitness enthusiasts, and entrepreneurs all under one roof. Our community is our lifeblood. Whether it’s through special events, climbing classes, or everyday interactions in our collaborative workspaces, our work is motivated by our commitment to providing them with inspiring experiences and exceptional opportunities.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
The Youth Coordinator is the ambassador for the BKB Kids brand and the primary contact for all Youth Programs, save the BKBeasts. As such, the Youth Coordinator is the facilitator of the well-being of their local youth community through the medium of experiential education and interaction with Brooklyn Boulders and its programming. As ambassador for BKB Kids, they are responsible for executing the brand vision through and as a part of the Community Experience Team.
It’s time to get weird with Brooklyn Boulders.
IN GENERAL, YOU WILL:
Work closely with the Youth Programs Manager and be managed and mentored towards accomplishing the following:
- Maintaining a presence that attracts and retains new and returning members and guests, ensuring professional conduct for any employee on and off BKB premises.
- Acting as a positive role model for youth staff and youth climbers/parents at all times, on and off the clock, inside and outside of the facility.
- Interacting with communities, partnerships, and any organization (in any method) that engages youth and the facility.
- Facilitating a unique climbing and community experience for both children and parents.
- Delivering the DEFINED EXPERIENCE STANDARD.
- Owning responsibility for Youth Programs operations and scheduling, with the exception of the BKBeasts program.
- Supporting hiring facility belay staff for Youth Programs, in coordination with the GM and Youth Programs Manager.
IN ADDITION, YOU WILL:
- Uphold 24-hour phone and email response time for all youth programming inquiries, ensuring that any inquiries related to the BKBeasts are forwarded to the Team Manager in a timely fashion.
- Provide concierge service to all youth 10-pack and MAP users, facilitating bookings and movement through the guest pathway.
- Personally connect with every first-time visitor to a youth program to gain feedback from their experience and recommend appropriate follow-up programming.
- Correct any deviations in bookings for the coming week (unpaid sign-ups, overfilled classes, etc) and ensure appropriate youth staff is in place for each weekend.
- Take ownership of all Youth Programs areas to ensure organization and cleanliness, including Youth Programs storage areas and party room, which must be deep-cleaned once a month.
- Maintain quarterly inventory of all youth collateral and supplies, and submit requests for re-orders to the Youth Programs Manager as needed.
- Lead/support the following youth programs as needed: Kids Academy, Teen Academy, BKB Adventures, and Youth Events.
- Complete weekly attendance reporting and compilation of new youth community emails as directed by Youth Programs Manager.
- Create flowcharts and attendance sheets for BKB Adventure Days and co-create with the Youth Programs Manager to create flowcharts and attendance sheets for BKB Adventure Weeks.
- Gather photos of all youth programs, especially BKB Adventures, and maintain Youth Collateral folder on Google Drive.
- Co-create with the Youth Programs Manager and local Marketing Manager to create engaging, unique newsletter content on a weekly basis.
- Manage birthday party bookings, CX, and retention strategies as directed by the Youth Programs Manager.
- Co-create with the Youth Programs Manager and facility management teams on special projects and initiatives as needed.
- Support the Youth Programs Manager with the creation and execution of Youth Programs staff trainings, with the exception of the BKBeasts program.
- Proactively make suggestions to the Youth Programs Manager on potential improvements to Youth Programs.
- Strive to exceed success metrics as defined by the Youth Programs Manager, GM, and Senior Product Director, to be assessed on a quarterly basis.
SUPPORT STRUCTURE FOR YOUTH COORDINATOR:
- Direct support from the Youth Programs Manager
- Youth Programs Hourly Belay Team
- Youth Department Standard Operating Procedures
- Training/Onboarding support of youth employees from the GM and Youth Programs Manager
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING and our Youth Programs Coordinator is…
- Not afraid of achieving tough, demanding goals, and has a desire to continue “raising the bar.”
- Open, direct, but still approachable in personal style and bearing.
- Motivated to #makeitbeautiful for the youth and the entire BKB community.
- Free membership for employees
- Complimentary membership for a significant other or family member
- Unlimited free guest passes for friends*
- Discounts on personal training, retail, and guided outdoor adventure trips
- Free access to non-competitive youth programs for children of employees
- Company offered health, dental, and vision plans
- Generous paid time off policies
- Generous parental leave policy